Tuesday, April 19, 2005

caboodled

It's funny, because people think I'm one of those people who can really hack things without help. I don't know if it's something about the way I articulate myself in particular situations (mind you, if you met me at uni, you'd think I was the biggest bimbo ever enrolled), but apparently I give off an air of independence.

Hmm.. this is coming from evidence I "overheard" over the handbreak when a pal & I were having one of those late-at-night-in-the-car conversations about life-in-general.

I can sort of tell what he was on about, but I also know he's a bit confused.
I'm as dependent as dependent can possibly get. Sue me if you think it's a weakness - personally I think it's the paradox that makes me what I am.

Me...I'm a collection of everyone I've ever encountered. I become quite fascinated by the people I meet and leech the goodness that I find in them. I surround myself with people who I know will build me up somehow.

Why? Because it's in those people that I feel most at peace. Because it's in those people I can feel a bit of God.

The girl walking down the street who smiles at me. The guy interstate who sends me an analysis of life. The man who is a combination of wisdom and wit. The student who will forever be learning life's greater lessons. The woman who spends Sunday night taking care of forty teenagers when she's spent a lifetime bringing up her own. The parent who loves so tenderly and trusts so generously. The friend who always lets me walk in their front door. The one who calls me just to see how I am. The musician who devotes their talents to the glory of the God who gave it to them. The sister that tries to understand. The boy sitting at the bench exchanging friendly banter.

You are my peace, you are my smiles, you are my happiness, you are my sources of love, and you are my identity all unrolled into a gazillion different pieces.

Me? Independent? Hardly. Part of my is most likely from you...

5 comments:

...StubbSie... said...

So your a super combination seafood plater of all those thing aye...
all people are a combination of other people... we are c mixture of different things... sort of like a special meal - made up of different things that come together to acheive a great goal. please forgive the reference to food as i am very hungry and am in desperate need of nourishment...
we are combination of all that it good and sadly some bad in other people. thats what makes us diffrent... but my real question is that can you sepcify which part of you comes from which person? some parts are very obvious while others aren't...

and one more question... am i anywhere in there??? hehehehehe... you dont have to answer that hehehee :-P

j(",)Y said...

Oh Fiz, of course you're in there!
Btw, Roanne wants to know what you're doing with your life - you know, just wondering what you're up to etc etc. Commenting on your strength and how you might use it against her. She also doesn't want me to post that comment... buhahaha.... **Too bad Roanne!**
She doesn't want me to encourage bullying, of course. "Protect the little people!" She keeps telling me...
Omg. Yeh - strangely enough, part of me comes from her. Can you tell which part? Oh God I hope not! Hahaha...
Yes - I too am very hungry.

...StubbSie... said...

roanne wants to know what i've been up to aye... hmmmm... well right now i'm at work... eating Thai food for lunch... very nice... i like food... um... i have a pile of paper work to sort through... i went to see jesse mccartney yesterday. it was packed as anything!!! towers was full of teeny-boppers everywhere!!! and my ears came out ringing from the screaming... very crazy... i dont think it was worth it... we saw axle from video hits though...
um... my mom and kuya leave for singapore on monday. we having a party tonight (friday 22/4/05) at our house... yous are welcome to make an appearance... mosta the hills peeps might attend... roanne can come too...

um... i dunno what else to write... what else do you wanna know?

gerry said...

you've gotta have alot of me in ya! hahahha..

interesting points of the day

- screensaver
- secret crush
- yes joy can get him
- but then again i'll quote jonna "anyone can get anyone" OoOo....does this mean redell's an option? buuahahahhaahah

j(",)Y said...

You guys are silly. Now why would I even want to go for Redell? Buhahaha.. Kidding Jons. Your man is great - for YOU.
I'll stick to crushing my fantasy, non-existed lover. Hahaa... what shall I call him? Pacer? Teehee...
One day... in about five years time - you guys will know who it is.
Either because God's planned for us to be together, or he's revealed that he ain't the right one.
But right now, here's one thing for sure: I'm content at learning how to love - anyone and everyone & especially my GOD! =D