Saturday, April 09, 2005

sweat, singlets and aufschieben...

Hahaha... once again - a night full of productive procrastination.
Blog-surfing again: everyone's into this online journal business.

It's been an emotional week, which is probably why I haven't written much, because it's never safe to use words when one is emotional. I'm not really good at articulating myself when I'm confused, frustrated, angry, happy and satisfied all at once.

Meanwhile, I've done EVERYTHING to get away from doing my readings - and I know I'll thoroughly regret it tomz when I realise how much I'll need to cram (I'm a bad example, I know). But I just thought I'd pop and say gday to the people who are floating in and out of my thoughts tonight:

- Amardeep: Are you enjoying the read? Hehehe... nothing huge has been happening, only I'm tempted to turn on the rest of those Bollywood movies - but I've told myself I'm not allowed. Did I ever end up telling you about the cool guy I met on the bus the day after I finished watching Kal Ho Naa Ho? *sigh* that's a godwink if there ever was one!

- Aron: Hey thanks for the check-ups. Not that I've been sticking to the work... but I appreciate the support. And thanks for Thursday night too! Ah... go the coffee at Gloria Jeans... which leads me to:

- Colloes, Luke & Aron: Thanks for the Gloria Jeans trip on Thurs. That ended hilariosly - well done on the run Luke! I'm telling you someone's gotta open up a nice, classy coffee joint in our district just so we don't have to end conversations because the shops close at 9:30pm. That was nice though... a precious moment for sure. The talking, the venting, the laughing, the pointlessness.

- Dacs: You legend. Totally inspiring me to get my bike fixed. I need a helmet though.

- Ray: ALIVE: A Living Example. You're talk today rocked, and also stirred my heart in many ways. I'm really glad God spoke through you - declare war on things that push down and destroy human dignity. Go for gold mate... I'm stoked.

- Jonna: You're amazing. How many assignments have you finished?! Hey and thanks for those words of affirmation at the Centre the other day. I really needed that - this week has been topsy-turvy for everyone. *sigh* I hope the choc-caramel brownies were a good energy-rush for people.

Hey so I've been reading this book: it' called "When God Winks on Love". I don't know if I agree with it - it's kind of overly romantic, and I'm a bit of a realist, despite my hefty ideals and crazy projects. I guess to put it bluntly, I'm being a bit of a cynic in terms of the world's fanciful notions on "love".

I know - what a contradicting statement to be making about someone who's so heavily in crush* mode - don't get me wrong, my head is in the clouds with this boy - but my head will forever be planted here on earth, and as far as what they depict in soap operas, top 40 hits and most books, the outlook ain't looking so bright. When will people realise??? Love is not about feelings.

*sigh* Wow do I have a headache.

No comments: