Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Last Day of Summer

As far as I’m concerned, despite the date, Sunday 3rd April was the last day of Summer. It was a scorching hot day, with a multitude of blessings too – a perfect finale for my favourite season – because I got to do all my favourite things.

1. Woke up and got ready to serve straight away! Spent the first few hours of my day in God’s most beautiful presence, surrounded with beautiful people, dedicated hearts and one of God’s truly thoughtful & clever creations: music.

2. A yummy breakfast with good company. Kudos to the YFCers who served at the 8:45am Mass, and thanks for always giving me something to look forward to every first Sunday of the month. A fatty breakfast, McDonald’s coffee and those small portions of American brownies would never be the same if you guys weren’t there to add conversations.

3. Sleep. I got home and drifted in and out of subconsciousness until I felt the sun tanning my arms through my bedroom window.

4. Discovering treasure. I went through all my old CDs and picked the ones I’m keeping in the SPY office for all those afternoons I’m there and don’t have anything to listen to. So many old tracks and forgotten ballads… *sigh* and it got me all excited for the concert!

5. Driving in the sun & hanging with the best of the best… GK Market Day at the MPC (a block of land I’m sure YFC should turn into a GK site, since its looked the same for a good ten years. Give the MVs one week to turn that place into an awesome village… hahaha… or at least MOW THE GRASS!) Rice & fish, bought myself a funky black GK777 hat and enjoyed some laughs with the Titos, Titas and some Westies.

6. Precious moment: Wendy’s Ice-Cream following a short search for the perfect bottle of contact solution (and I thought I was picky). Cookies, soft serve and a Mega-Choc-Shake *drooling* This afternoon gave me heart-warming insight as to why I love my mates so much, and what August is going to be like (hot days in Europe… WOOHOO!!!) Driving with the windows rolled down and the wind blowing on my face and my GK777 hat faithfully keeping my hair in place… priceless.

7. Hanging with the young at heart… God really does work in young people. I hope my loyalties to the SPYers will never be compromised – you guys are simply amazing. There is a lot of love, energy, enthusiasm and joy in all of them. The way they laugh (at or with, it really doesn’t matter), play, sing, serve and love each other… *sigh* I have the best job in the world!

8. Late night learning… thank God for the Holy Spirit. Without it, I’d be stuffed and so would my degree. ;o) I totally endorse encouraging SMSes – especially to uni students on the verge of giving up. And if you’ve never prayed with a friend over the phone, don’t underestimate its power. (You know what I’m talking about!!)

Ah yes… the last day of Summer. Now it’s back to the whip-cracking reality of university (which I’m supposed to be into right now, but it’s 2am and I can’t sleep OR do my ICOM readings).

I’ll leave you with a conversation that sums up the laughs and light-hearted happiness that came with Sunday’s weather & order of adventures:

Walking towards the exit of the shopping centre:
Joy: Is it me or did it just get really cold in here?
Simultaneously
Nez: It’s cold in here.
Eddoes: It’s you.
Joy: Hmm… thanks guys. Is this what Europe’s going to be like?
Simultaneously
Nez: Nah…
Eddoes: Probably.
Joy: *sigh*

No comments: