Tuesday, April 12, 2005

a troubled vent

troubled: (adj.) 1. characterized by or indicative of distress or affliction or danger or need.
2. characterized by unrest or disorder or insubordination
3. me.

Sitting on my bed in Eeyore pyjama shorts and brown singlet. Wearing favourite (silver) bracelets - one is a gift from India and the other I got from one of oldest friends on my 18th birthday.
I'm a combination of emotional retardation and overload. Again - I'm a walking contradiction.
I've been emotionally exhausted for what feels like forever (which just goes to show how drastic the symptoms are) - but don't let this whinging introduction let you think that's all I'm feeling. I'm up and down and all over the place, and wondering if I'll ever get started on my project proposal and the other gazillion assignments on my "To Do" List.

I just looked at the title of this BLOG and wondered what a troubled vent would be like. A "vent"... can be a number of things; a means of escape or release from confinement; an outlet; an opening permitting the escape of fumes, a liquid, a gas, or steam; the small hole at the breech of a gun through which the charge is ignited; the excretory opening of the digestive tract in animals such as birds, reptiles, amphibians, and fish; or (if taken in a geological context), an opening on the ocean floor that emits hot water and dissolved minerals.

Going on the general understanding of the term, I'd assume that a troubled vent would be unable to emit what it's meant to.

Funnily enough, I feel like a troubled vent. Hahaha... unable to let the frustration, the hurt, the annoyance, and/or the anger escape.

AGHHH!!!

No comments: