Wednesday, August 24, 2005

i'm in a foreign laundromat

There is a breeze flying through the doors, and I am in a singlet and board shorts. It rained in Paris yesterday, but the sun is out this morning in Rome. Right now we're listening to Jennifer Lopez and getting our clothes washed. Chucked in all the shirts, jeans, dirty undies...
Eddoes is checkin his hotmail account a couple of computers away. Ags, Nez and Ej went to get food. This morning I woke up on the top bunk of a train that had swept straight past Switzerland from France... and now I am on a computer in an Italian laundromat and the sun is out and I am the happiest person in the world!
I haven't even had a chance to check my mail... but I thought I would post this and say HI!!! to everyone at home, who I miss so much... my famz, my household, my YFC mates, Amardeep, Cobes... and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHEREE.

There has been A LOT of things that have happened everyday since we left on Thursday 4th. I've wanted to BLOG, and my journal is chockers full of our daily adventures through Greece, to the Parthenon, Acropolis, Corinth, Ephesus, Turkey, Czech Republic, Prague... the list if endless, with a new set of memories for everyday. The bus rides, the funny fast food, es cargo, laughing laughing ang laughing some more... getting sick... buying clothes... sending all the pasalubong home by German mail (if you read this please pray for your presents, which should get through customs without problems, but I'm paranoid now that I'll get home on Sunday night and nothing I sent by mail will arrive for another 10 months... *grimace*)

Australia, I miss you and your beaches, your familiar roads... but nothing beats the amazing metro stations, Roma Termini station, Paris Champs Elysè and the company of four ... hundred amazing Catholics who have made this adventure one that I will share and cherish forever and forever AMEN.

Can't wait til I get home and tell you all about it.

PS. The Eiffel Tower sparkles at night. And I am the luckiest girl in the world to have 3 fine young men to share the 600step walk to the 2nd floor... and the rain when we got to the top... the photos with *lovers!* omg..

Ok... gotta go coz my free internet will run out in 2min 30 secs.

LOVE YOU ALL...

11:51am ROMAN TIME

No comments: