Thursday, August 04, 2005

the final countdown

WARNING: You may turn green after reading this blog


We leave my house in about 2 hours, and we pick up two of my bestest friends in the whole world... so we can start a journey that's going to change us, inspire us, challenge us, excite us and move us in a way that we've never experienced before.
We'll join hundreds of people in Athens... and then thousands of people in Cologne... and then suddenly there'll be five of us backpacking around 3 of Europe's major cities in a 5-day amazing race adventure.

The plane leaves in 7 hours and 42 minutes. And my watch is ticking... but my heart has been preparing itself for this adventure for over two years. And now it's here... and we'll be leaving... and oh my gosh... the stress is gone and I'm just happy. HAPPY AND EXCITED!!! *hahahhahaha... does anyone remember that?!*

The past 9 days since the last entry has brought with it many new stories, funny memories, and a looot of inspiration, despite the challenges that I've faced. A lot of emotions going crazy, and a tornado of things to do... many of which still haven't been done. But you know what? It's ok... because GOD WILL BRING ME THROUGH IT.

Meanwhile, I just finished putting some chocolate in a bag to bring on the plane... *yum* Should be an intersting 24 hour flight... hahaha... oh the laughs! You should see my backpack. It's hilarious. I have no idea how I'm going to carry it for 15kms because it weighs about 15kg... and I'm a stick. Well... a stick with bits of fat coming out the front and back end. =)

Hmmm... so the last few days included...
- The Patrician Bros reflection days. These were tiring, but amazing. The team was awesome, and I honour everyone who came to serve on those two days. The boys were a fantastic crowd, the band went off, the skit was hilarious, the games were fun... and the response to the experience of God... was AMAZING.
- Camp Training @ Loyola. That was fun, and as always, Ray did a great job.
- The YFC "unified!" CAMP!! *WOOTWOOT!!* Hehehe... check Jane's blog for exciting revelations about how cool the weekend was.
- Water fight with Ryan. *Ahem!* Ehpp... I luuurv my mission partner! Especially when he tries to hide after smashing a water bomb into my jacket, and I still get a glass of water on him. Haaha.. =p
- Uni. WHOA. Praise God for my group, and if you get a chance please pray for our major project this sem. It's a big task, and even bigger purpose, and will need BIG FAITH and COMMITMENT to make it happen.
- The haircut that killed my hair... but turned it a funky shade of red. Hahaha... you'll see it when I get back (unless I get adventurous and cut it all off...) ;)
- Jean's birthday... awwww.. she's a funny one. A smiling, bubbly and FUNNY wife so totally in love with her hubby. Those two inspire me to get married. Hahahaha... (and speakin of...)
- Last night's dinnz at Chillis - where the only farewell I got was a series of winks, nudges and instructions to come back from my pilgrimage with "many stories".
But all of that is 2nd place to what I'm really excited for... and that's witnessing God in a way that I never have before. Hundreds of thousands gathered to express their faith... WOW!!!

No doubt about it - this definitely will be an exciting chapter. I'm jittery and unprepared, and totally scared... but HEY! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Greece, Poland, Czech Republic, Germany, France, Italy, UK and Bahrain in a matter o 24 days. Ehp..

Pray for me while I'm gone ok? And email me links to all your blogs, coz Edz formatted my laptop and all my blog links are gone *sniff!* This way if I get Net access, I'll know what's going on with everyone. =)

Auf Wiedersehen, au revoir, arriverderci, hasta la vista and see ya'll soon!!!

*hugs & prayers...*

No comments: