Tuesday, May 22, 2007

what day? its what??

May has been obliterated from my radar. For the past two weeks, I feel like I've been on the go non-stop, and right now I'm typing this lying down on my bed: I am absolutely knackered.
The good thing is I'm knackered but not completely down about it. I've enjoyed the last fifteen days of mayhem. The work has been enjoyable... and fruitful. And despite the permanent dark circles that now frame my naturally droopy eyes, I am.. grateful.

The bad thing is that neighbour's dog still won't shup up.

I'm trying to think of what I could write about, but the real question is, where do I even begin?
How's work? Same old, same old. Missing Sr B... and wishing I had some female company on the team. Also wishing I didn't have to re-explain myself every five minutes, but I suppose open, verbal communication was never my forte. I'm much more akin to writing things down or making things up. I've also been trained to figure things out on my own before I go nagging someone for help. Not that anyone nags... but when my mind is busy racing from one task to the next, anyone asking for anything feels like a nag.
On the bright side, I feel quite accomplished. I did a few days of filming the other week; scored some really inspiring (funny, entertaining and... unpolished) interviews from the real "modern-day-pilgrim". Also scored some really cool feedback about the video I produced from the footage filmed. Got to experience one of the biggest privileges and perks since I started working at WYD08 - and that's standing in a room full of CEOs and still being allowed to be completely genuine about every minute of my 15minute presentation (which was only accomplished thanks to the graceful and beautiful Selina Hasham).

How's the rest of your life? What is the rest of my life? I mean seriously... there isn't much going on apart from my work (which is my service, my passion, my spare time, and my hobby all rolled into one). Well, there's the boyfriend of course - can't ommit that pretty significant area of my existence. God, you sure did a good job on this guy. I should probably say thanks to his parents too... they raised a boy who is learning to be a man. And what a loving, faithful, dedicated man he is. Cliches aside, this guy's got the goods. He knows when to call, he knows when to bring over new episodes of Heroes, he knows when to surprise me with chocolate fudge brownies, how to sit through an Opera at the Concert Hall without making me feel guilty for asking him to come with me, how to make me laugh, how to prove that snuggling on the couch is the cure for any bad day, how to be there when I need support (technical, emotional, spiritual or otherwise), how to teach me what "being considerate" is... the list is growing... eternally. And I love it. Love him too, now that I think about it.

Hmm... family ain't bad either. I miss Rina, who's moved into a new place. Curious to know what life must be like for her atm. Excited for Annabelle and Chu. Falling in love with Caitlyn over and over again, and enjoying the love of her, Jean and Mark. Grateful for my Dad who supplies me with sandwiches for breakfast on my way to work. Wondering if my Mum will ever engage in a conversation with me that doesn't involve my feeling guilty for something. Enjoying Roanne's thoughts and conversations in the bathroom. I love'em all... but hardly see them.

Randomly... I've been into candles lately. Well... I developed my love for candles a while ago, and the use of them peaked last year - especially during my long bath session at CYS house. These days I find myself lighting one or two just before I go to sleep... I spend a few moments just staring into the flame. I still think about last year's "candle revelation" - how such a small object can still be a vehicle for such awesome power.

A candle must yield in order to contain a flame. It's gotta be willing to get burned.

In many ways I've wondered how willing I am to surrender. Can I do what Abraham did and sacrifice my Isaac? Can I be as humble and obedient as Noah to the point of ridicule? Can I accept grace as David did in the midst of his mistakes? Can I live as Mary lived, existing solely for the glory of Christ, to the point of Calvary and beyond?

Who knows. Only time can tell.

And this thing called "time"... oh my, how it rushes by.

No comments: