Sunday, July 22, 2007

breaking out of quarantine

Finally! I'm up to the final two capsules of Codral.

It's been a pretty feral seven days - in bed with three blankets, knee-high socks, and about five layers of clothing. On the first three days, the stupid virus had me in a beanie, fingerless gloves and a scarf.

Two boxes of Kleenex and a sandpaper-dry nose later, I think I might be ready to face the world again. Work tomorrow... 9am sharp. Yeehah!

I'll admit the good thing about being sick is having an excuse to do absolutely nothing... which is pretty much what I did during my five days of sick leave. A strange pandemic hit my household... everyone was walking around coughing their lungs out, and I probably juiced about 30 oranges (no exaggeration).

Right now (this is gonna sound really weird), I'm listening to Regurgitator. Yeah, remember those guys? Back in the 90s. I made a mix CD of old-school music last year and it's currently spinning tracks like "Wouldn't It Be Nice" (Beach Boys), "Peaches" (Presidents of the USA), "Boom boom boom boom" (Vengaboys), and "How Bizarre" (OMC).

"How Bizarre" is definitely one of those feel-good songs - no matter where or when I hear it, it'll make me laugh. That and singing "my heart goes shalalalala..." and Breakfast at Tiffany's while I dance around in my room in my undies. *blush* Ehp... I seriously need to get outta here.

I managed to get through a record number of DVDs this week... 50 First Dates, Hitch, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Tranformers Generation 1 - 1.2, and (hanging head in shame here), a few episodes of season 1 of Beverly Hills 90210. Hahaha... that's what happens when I'm the youngest of 5 girls.

Edwin got me out of the house yesterday to watch Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix with Nereus, Jason and Carl (a strange reminder that I haven't seen Sarah in ages, and may be in need of estrogen-filled company).

I feel somewhat refreshed after this week... even though much of it felt like hell (try waking up at 4am for five days straight and throwing up a heap of phlegm for about 2 hours straight).

I hope I don't forget last night... two mugs of hot soup, a bag full of bagel crisps, and an understanding friend, joking around, and allowing me to see the brighter side of life. Prior to this polaroid moment, I'd been blowing snot into tissue after tissue, with tears streaming down my face - feeling extremely worthless and like my life was falling apart. It's nice having a person who lives up the road who knows how to stitch me up again after my fear makes me burst at the seams. Plus he made me soup.

So... we're gonna start reading the Bible again. We attempted this during Lent this year, but gave up because our phonecalls got really late and we got lazy... but hopefully we'll keep at it this time...

Having said that it's past 11pm and as I said... I've got work tomorrow.

A make-me-smile-list for the past 7days:

- Doctor gave me an extra two days off after I told him about my vomit experience.
- Got to see Caitlyn at church today after a whole week of absense. Her fatness makes her hugs the best hugs ever!
- Tenderheart CareBear tshirt
- Dr Annabelle says I can have chocolate any time - doesn't matter if I'm sick. :)
- Choc-chip cookies + Milo on the couch while watching Fantastic 4.
- Hugs
- Hot soup
- My Dad likes it when I make fresh orange & apple juice
- Harry Potter book 7 is finally out! Yay!
- 4 weeks until Italy baby!!
- Read the book I made Edwin for his birthday last year... which reminded me of many happy moments.. and all the ones we have yet to experience
- Hand-me-downs from sisters = new clothes that I don't have to pay for. Yeah!
- I can smile without it hurting now!
- Things to look forward to: Jonna's wedding, Italy, Love talk @ Discovery Camp on Saturday, life in general... tomorrow! Yay!

No comments: