Thursday, December 02, 2004

mirror mirror


Ahh... I love the beach. Can't get enough of the water.
Spent the hottest day of the year at Coogee, roasting in the sun and learning how to boogie-board. There's something so awesome about the waves of the ocean. They are elastic enough to wrap themselves around me, but tenacious enough to hurl me topsy-turvy til I'm breathless.
That's another of God's weird creations. Who else could think of combining gentleness with strength?

Sometimes it's hard to be adaptable. So easy to stay put about opinions and what to think, how to act, how to feel. But I realised the people I admire the most... are those, who despite their masks and layers, are still completely comfortable in their own shell.

I really wish I knew how to do that. Despite all the wise words about being completely confident about how God made us... I think we will always be cursed with moments when we look in the mirror and not like what we see - both the physical and the interior.

I hate being my own worst enemy.

Good thing the waves can carry me. Reminds me of Borocay... reminds me of floating on still water. Reminds me of white sand. Reminds me of the overcast morning that cleared into the most beautiful day in the sun. Good thing God can carry me too.

Days like this. Days when I'm just disappointed in the people that I don't want to be disappointed by... I can only turn to one thing.

My God like the waves, who can gently wrap around me, knowing each curve and crevice... but still be strong enough to push me, lift me and carry me in the right direction.

No comments: