Wednesday, May 17, 2006

brain fart

Brain fart: (n) A moment when your brain ceases to function, and all useful thoughts related to the current subject fail to surface. [Bec Forrest]

Today, according to Bec, was a total brain fart day. I can't speak for her, because I wasn't around her today (they were doing a retreat for All Saints)... but it's been a brain fart week on my part.

Right now I'm in my bed at the CYS house... lying under my sheets, ready to go to bed (20 minutes til curfew.. whoops) - haven't lay in bed with a laptop for months... I haven't slept in this bed for weeks (I'm only sleeping in here because sleeping with a swollen mouth is highly uncomfortable, leaving me somewhat restless).

I feel like I've moved in again for the first time. I guess coz I brought a whole heap of winter clothes with me (our house to like a tomb in Winter), and also because I plan to stick around the area more often on our days off (I never fully appreciate living right next to the beach - I always have a yearning to go back West and visit friends... or have friends visit me! Buhahaha)

It's good being back with the team though. Driving around in our massive van, listening to "Summer of '69" and all the other typical road trip songs that Boks downloaded. Joe is sporting a spunky new haircut since I saw him about two weeks ago... and they're down at the RSL watching tonight's fight. Sarah, Beth and I lounged around in the kitchen talking about old high school friends and relationships with mothers... (strange girly talk while I took about half an hour to eat about 3/4 of a meat pie), and Bec came in to say hi when she saw my light on....

These guys have become a second family. As we drove down the windy Clovelly Rd this afternoon, I realised there are so many people I know that I never keep in touch with... yet they're still good mates... and I guess that's what makes a good friend - people you don't have to talk to every single day, yet their hearts and insides are the same the next time you see them, be it two days or two years.

Yesterday was cool because Nez and I finally caught up. Went to Mass, had breakfast, and caught a DVD (one of the stupidest teen ficks of all time, mind you - but Christina Milian is a hottie). I figure he's one of those friends. We hardly talk as much as we used to, but I can still cry on the phone to him and he'll still offer that holy, brotherly advice that makes Nez... well... Nez.

I was in bed on Monday night, and Sav drove past, beeped like a maniac and yelled out my name. *sigh* one thing I miss living so far from friends is knowing that they're thinking about you when they drive past your house... but it was fun to hear it again, and feel appreciated.

And then last night I spent about four hours on the couch while Edz tried to console me in my agony. The TV was on, but we weren't really watching, and it was just funny because I'm sure he wanted to squirm because I was squirming, and my cheeks were swollen, so he just kept laughing. Well... laughing, and trying to get me to cheer up without making me smile, because smiling kinda hurts at the moment.

Gargh... why am I reminiscing over such things and such people when it's only gonna make me wanna go home and visit them?! Oh btw... Caitlyn threw up on me yesterday... yes.. .she's a star, I tell you. The most talented little critter... but she can't crawl yet.

Life... oh life... oh life.... dooo dooop doop dooo...

No comments: