Sunday, July 16, 2006

the mi goreng life

Beautiful Sunday afternoon... just went for a stroll down Clovelly Rd thinking of what to have for lunch, and opted for home-cooked-MSG-packed Asian 2-minute noodles. I figure it's the last day of my holidays, so I can be as damned lazy as I want to be. Besides, I have to be in Randwick in less than two hours.. which doesn't give me much time to sit in my bed and vege with a DVD.

So... what has the last two weeks involved? Not much, I can guarentee you that! And that's exactly the type of break I wanted to have.

** Driving around the suburbs, with nothing major on the agenda.

** Celebrating Nez's 22nd birthday (haha - OLD!) and chilling with old mates again.

** Lunch at Circular Quay wharf with Jonna, Vincent and Nereus. Gelato at Coogee and a long, deep and meaningful walk up the hill.

**Spent a night cruising around Coogee and Circular Quay, appreciating the view of Sydney, eating cheap food and drinking beautiful Italian hot chocolate with Jason.

** Came back to the CYS house for a weekend for the YFC Campus camp - that was totally worth it. The guys at that camp have totally redefined the game "TABOO" forever... serving with Carlos again was cool, making that video with Gi, and meeting all those new participants? ALRIGHT! Good times..

** DVDs on the couch back at home, under a big, warm blanket.

** Scabbing chocolate cookies off Eddoes.

** Girly, philosophical pizza dinner @ Rocky's with Ivy. She always reminds me to be faithful, makes me smile, and is one of the most heavenly and beautiful young women I know!
** Meeting John Howard at McDonald's. That was random... but mate, it was hilarious. Spent a day with Gemma, Lisa and Bec again - YAY! I missed that... just being lazy girls (what we do best).

** Being, hugged, looked after and taken care of when sick... :)

** Babysitting Caitlyn.. aww that cute pudgy baby - I love her!

** Sydney's Act1v8 Launch!! Last night's crowd of over 600 people @ St Mary's was... WOW! Totally AMAZING. The band rocked over, the singers gave me tingles, the DVD premiere for the WYD promo got me teary... all in all, an awesome night to kick start the term.

Aha... and there it is... life on term officially commences... umm.. tomorrow at 11am - I think. Hehe.. and what a great term it'll be.

I can't believe it's already half-way through the year. I can finally say I've settled into our house and am somewhat possessive over it (I feel annoyed when I notice it's not being taken care of). But right now... I won't step into missionary territory year because I still have just about 20 hours of holiday time left... and I plan to milk every single minute of it.

No comments: