Wednesday, August 02, 2006

go to bed joy

It's never to late to have a HAPPY CHILDHOOD

So... I spent tonight at Lyndon's place playing with his 2 year old son, Joshua, who's just plain adorable. He's in love with me, my drum kit, and my stuffed cow, Mylow. He's a psycho, funny, and joyful little bundle of giggles, who loves to crash tackle people's legs, jump off the couch, let me read him nursery rhymes, and yell, "WANT SOME HOT POTATO??" in the weirdest accent ever. And just seeing him reminds me how enormous my parent's king-sized bed used to seem when I was still in primary school, and how fascinating life is when you're discovering it for the first time.

SHARING SOME LESSONS FROM TODAY:

1. Somewhere out there, the sky is blue... no matter how far away it may seem.

2. I should never underestimate the power of going for a walk. I always overestimate how long it will take to walk somewhere, but today I took a peaceful stroll to Clovelly beach, and followed the coastline up north and almost hit Bronte before heading back to the Church. The view was amazing, the air was crisp... and man I love living in this city.

3. The ultimate way to start your day is to hear the voice of loved ones, and hear that voice say a prayer offering every moment of it to God. *tingles*

4. If you ever wonder if God is powerful enough to calm a storm, watch the waves. The power in the ocean is moved by the hand of our Creator.

5. Expecting generosity cancels the very act of generosity. I'm not sure I agree with that thought 100%, but one sure way of deflating a generous giver is expecting a generous gift... because the very joy of being generous is being able to exceed one's expectations.. and I hate it when people demand love from me. That's just unfair. Love isn't supposed to be demanded.

***

So here's a note FOR THE PEOPLE WHO THINK... LIFE FOR JOY IS ALWAYS PEACHY:

It's not.

Just thought I'd throw that thought out there, in case you really did believe that I'm always ok, that I don't have days when I want to run terror around the house, shout verbal abuse, or hear smashing glass on concrete. I don't do those things, of course... but yes... there are moments when what people do or say (or even think!) hit the wrong nerve, and I want to fall apart, or break them apart (it really just depends).

I guess what I'm learning on team (the hard way, mind you) is that even when you don't FEEL like loving someone, you should still DO the loving thing. That, in fact, is what makes love so powerful ... because it's not based on feeling, but on the fact that you want to what's in the best interest for the other party.

I'm learning this the hard way, because I don't always do the loving thing. Wish I did, but the reality is, I'm human... and I'm stupid. Lucky God knows that, and keeps on forgiving me, because otherwise, I'd be somewhat screwed.

So today, I stepped down. No longer team leader, no longer in charge. *sigh of massive relief* Thank God... because I don't know how long I would've survived. Leadership is bloody hard work. So when you read this... please say a prayer for our team. Major changes are happening here there and everywhere... and we're being attacked on the frontline in our weakest moments.

But the best coincidence happened today.. :) Yesterday my sis and I were watching the DVD from last year's REVELATION concert... and I thought of Penititz and how he is. And waddaya know - he's online on MSN right now! And it feels good... to hear from someone who's given up everything to go serve God on the other side of the country. I miss the guy. So here's a snippet of our conversation:

HORSE says:
it wierd coz i dont wat my purpose is

HORSE says:

all i know is God is using me for a greater purpose

j0¥ says:

just remember that evANGELisation is about the GOOD MESSAGE. angels are messengers - we are simply messengers, and our message is Christ's salvation. We want people to believe in him and find personal relationship with him. Whether that's through a youth movement or directly through the Church is irrelevent in many ways... as long as they understand THE IMPORTANT THING IS CHRIST... not them...not us

HORSE says:

Amen

And with that dear friends... goodnight.

No comments: