Friday, September 29, 2006

***TO BLOG: (if the page ever loads...)

Things I forgot about Phils that I should've warned the team about before coming:

1. Despite being metro manila, the pace is a lot slower than in Sydney. People can take days off work if there is a storm, and you could end up waiting half an hour to flag down a taxi.

2. Beware of the powerlines - there's a lot of them.

3. You can get lost in Mega Mall.

4. Speak English slowly.

5. Never put anything solid down a public toilet (that includes number 2s and toilet paper) because they never flush completely.

6. Always carry tissues, or anti-bacterial wet-wipes everywhere you go.

7. Apply and reapply insect repellent whenever you get a chance. (I got about eight bites on each leg during my shower today... what a rort).


Hmm... I'm sure there are way more that I was thinking of when I was walking through the streets of manila yesterday taking photos of typhoon damage.
Aha! Yes - I survived my first typhoon. My next problem will probably be mosquitoes.. who love me (or hate me, I can't really tell - whatever it is, they love biting me).
Two more days until we hit the GK sites! Man I'm excited! I'm not particularly excited about flight home (it gets lonely).

Anyway.. let's publish this so I'm not late to meet my cousin at Mega Mall... yay - lunch date.

No comments: