Thursday, December 14, 2006

open roads

Sunny days... chasing the clouds away :)

Took the faithful lil silver Corolla down to the south coast today. Worked up a good tan, drove past plenty of road-kill, made friends with a galah and a lady-bug (who Eddoes named Bumble Bee - I have no idea why)...and watched the James Bond flick at Wollongong (they have funny seats there... not the cushy ones - but plasticky ones... weird). Oh... and I should probably mentioned that we visited the Blowhole @ Kiama (the reason why Edwin drove me down there in the first place).

All in all, it was a pretty amazing day. We had abolutely no agenda, which is why it was so great. Felt like we were in NZ again, travelling randomly and discovering new things. For example: Chocolate Choc-Chip ice-cream is in fact VERY different from Chocolate Obession ice-cream. But while both taste quite different, they're both equally satisfying. Especially after an awesome lunch:

Joe was right when he said that my love language is quality time. I figure after a year of living in the same house, he should probably know. Glad to know he's not the only one who's figured it out though - Edwin's pretty spesh in that way. He knew that it didn't matter what we were doing, as long as it was good stuff and that we got a chance to spend time together without limits, deadlines or pressure.

By the end of the day my mind was clear enough to extract the real thoughts, issues and problems that I know I'm going to have to deal with some time in the next three and a half weeks.

I just wish everyone in my life were as patient and understanding.

Dear God... you know my feelings, you know my confusion.. and you know how much I need you in my life. Please look past my stubborness, my anger and my hurts... and help me to heal completely so I can be the person you want me to be... loving the way you love, living the way you want.

No comments: