Monday, March 12, 2007

beer, sweat and water...



Mondays.
Enough said.

There were way too many factors from last week's events that contributed to my not wanting to get up this morning... Exhaustion, confusion, headaches, bruises on my feet, ears still kind of ringing... and... not having any good work clothes ironed and ready to put on. :)

But, despite feeling incredibly ill and unfit to sit in front of the computer and design websites today, I'd have to say it was all worth it. The last few days have rocked and I can thank the Lord for all of it:

WYDSAC Leadership Training Program : 7 March
WYDSAC leadership training program started. Over 180 young people around Sydney enrolled for training. Wooohooo! If that doesn't prove to people that God is very much active and alive in the lives of our young people, then I don't know what will. It was such a moving and beautiful to see them all packed up in that hall, learning more and more about God, their faith, and how to be great Christians. :)

Fall Out Boy Concert Hordern Paviliion : 8 March

Brothers and sisters put this record down - take my advice coz we are BAD NEWS!!!"



The moment the Kanye West remix of "This Ain't A Scene" started, the mosh pit was surging forward and people had passed out - literally. By the beginning of the second song, I'd managed to lose a shoe and I was wondering if I'd exit the mosh pit alive and with my shirt in tact. By the time Eddoes had lifted me up and I'd been crowd surfed to the security guard, I was in a complete state of euphoria (partly from lack of oxygen, and partly because I got so close to Pete Wentz, who I managed to steal a good perve on before getting ushered to the side of the stage by security). Eventually I managed to find an ok vantage point, wondering if I was going to end up watching the rest of the concert all on my lonesome, while the rest of the guys enjoyed the view from the mosh pit. By song three, Edwin had pushed his way out of the crowd and we collapsed on some seats, away from the sweat, but close enough to take good pics and capture some memorable video footage.

And while I enjoyed being able to breathe AND sing along AND watch the band, I promised him next time I'll brave the mosh pit for the entire duration of the concert and actually adorn my feet (now sporting the latest punk rocker bruises - dead sexy I assure you) with suitable footwear.

This evening (the high light, and main cause of exhaustion of last week) is, of course, the reason for today's BLOG title. Hmm... travelling home in a camry with 4 boys who smelled like... well... beer, sweat, and ... water. :)

Lunch as it was girlified : Saturday afternoon

I knew I should've taken out my camera that day - we always forget to send each other the pics we promise to send! But a big thanks to Riann, who found me two apartments in Parra to have a sneak peak at, to Jonna who drove us around the joint after a stressful rearrangement for plans, to Gerry for the hilarious conversation on the ride home, for Colloes who made the time to come out before work, and Rica and your stories about someone pooing in the cubby house... For all the girly conversations about boys, for the couple-perving at Max Brenz, for the talk about single-hood, wedding plans, being in relationships and all the stupid insecurities and other such things that girls share... thank you thank you thank you for coming.
We WILL do that again - I PROMISE. Next time it'll be at Bondi if weather permits.

The Pick of Destiny : Saturday night

Well.. we dogged dinner @ Vincent's on Saturday, and I was terrible and dogged the engagement party too. I figured I hadn't RSVPd, and if I wasn't feeling so ill I would've gone and done the WYD thing I was meant to do... but instead I enjoyed eating fresh pandesal (kindly brought home & prepared by Edwin's parents), and we clambered on the couches and watched a movie instead. This, I believe, is what weekends were made for. R&R with the people you love..

La Sangria : Balmain : Sunday

Happy Birthday eldest sis! Aahahaha... 31. It sounds ancient, but it's not because so many of my friends are that age... Cheers to her and the family for a nice day out at a Spanish restaurant (yum!). *sigh* reminds me of how much I crave to visit Europe once again... I realised that night our family just keeps growing up...and seems to be extending somewhat.

Monday morning
And now I sit here, with most of my morning gone (it's taken a good hour to write up this blog because I'm doing it in between phone calls and emails and trying to design stuff at the same time... buhahaha.. multi-taskin at its best.) :) I wasted $3.70 on a mocha caramelatte which is making me go to the toilet far more than usual. :S

On a positive note, I've managed to spend two hours with my earphones plugged in my ears and hardly any major disturbances, despite being hectic. Office is quiet today. PRAISE GOD.

I think it's almost time for lunch...

No comments: