Monday, March 05, 2007

this aint a scene...

Who would've thought listening to fall out boy would kill so much time. I shoulda been well into la-la land and dreaming, but no.. instead i thought i'd visit their myspace site and reacquaint myself with their greatness; since i'll be sweating with the die-hard fans this Thursday at the Hordern.

And I'm looking forward to it too! Haven't lost myself in the music scene for a while.. let's just hope I'm prepared for the pushing and shoving and the adornment of fine lookin bruises on my (very black) arms.
Mind you new bruises from a mosh pit are more exciting to tell stories about. I already scored two bruises on my forearm after my (poor) attempt at catching the frisbee at the beach on Saturday. Much to Jag's humour, playing frisbee is not my forte. I stacked it twice and never managed to get it to the "other side." Instead, Eddoes, Jerome, Jug and I would just watch it fly right back at me... or into the water, about half way to its intended destination.

Hmm.. so I guess I'll just stick to swimming laps ay?

And so it continues. 12:02am, and still unable to sleep at the right time. Here I am thinking I'll actually have the energy to get up at 6am and start driving at 7am. Pffft!

Days go by so quickly when you're working full-time. Two months over and I have no idea how I got here. Not that I've gotten very far...

On a much more positive note, I finally went to the beach (again). This Summer's been pretty pathetic on the beach-weather front, so I thought I'd milk all the sun I could and take a drive to Dee Why last Saturday. Birthdays are an awesome excuse to round up random friends... except these random friends were all male (what's new?) - God love'em for the laughs and the company.


My heart ticks in beat with these kids that I grew up with.
living like life's going out of style.
And you came to watch us play...like a "Big shot talent,"
but at the end of the day you know where we come from
and where we call home.

No comments: