Thursday, August 30, 2007

Italy makes my clothes shrink

Man... I seriously look like I'm in my second trimester of pregnancy. Italian meals are always, at a minimum, 3 courses. As a result, I have major feares about fitting into my maid of honour dress for 9th September.

Not that I'm complaining because I've never truly felt hungry during this entire time of travel ' we get so spoilt, and the food here is AWESOME. Haven't really come across anything that I don't like.

First course of pasta (had an awesome risotto in Siena yesterday), second course of meat and vegetables, then dessert. (Sometimes we get the antipesto first, then the pasta, then dessert - doesnt really matter, it's always great food).

Today I comfortably gobbled up plates of spaghetti, rosemary potatoes, salad, pork, plus a fruit salad, a nectarine, dates (that was all just dinner)... and to top it all off, Fr Christiano (our host in the diocese of Jesi) took us (Cimon,. Matt, Tim, Andrea, Fr T, Luc, Saad, and Mari) on a walk to city centre, where I discovered Italy's YUMMIEST gelati at about 1am.

Now I'm lying in bed, typing this on my phone, legs are tired, Cimon is probably fast asleep...

Bonne Note Italia!

No comments: