Monday, February 05, 2007

the ins and outs of excuse-making

I can't sleep. I want to - I have to get to work early tomorrow morning, which means I should probably wake up at 5am if I want to get there early.

Admittedly work is better now that we've relocated. I can get my head away from work-mode when I go home... (something really hard to when you live right above your office. Remind me in future years if I ever even think about setting up business above or below my living quarters that only special people can achieve such things - and I am not a special person).

So... insomnia. Not really - I'm bloody tired after having done 28 laps at the pools today. Thank God for water... it's soothing, liberating, and I will be forever grateful for being able to glide through it.

Hmm... so... I need to clear my head. Let's empty it out and see what we find, shall we?

Today I...
- Got out of doing 7 days worth of jury duty. THANK GOD! No seriously... I was praying Hail Marys crazily when my application was being looked at by the judge. So grateful that I got out of it - not because I didn't want to do it, but because of the work I need/want to do at the office... would rather be doing that than sitting in a box listening to a random court case. Sorry.
- Bought the "Hillsong Kids" album for Caitlyn, who likes dancing to cool music.
- Bought "WOW 2007"
- Listened to some Dave Matthews Band (awesome stuff).
- Swam 28 laps. My legs hurt.

I want:
... a pay rise.
... a holiday in Cairns.
... my Mum and Dad to be happy and not stress out all the time.
... cute babies when I'm married.
... to be satisfied and content with my life.

I need:
... to pray more.
... more sleep.
... more exercise.
... to cut a lot of sugar out of my diet.

My birthday wishlist includes:
... drum sticks.
... a bicycle helmet.
... a black leather laptop bag that is light, compact, and doesn't knock people off the platform when I'm running for my train.
... seat covers for my car.
... new bed sheets.
... a pay rise.
... a holiday in Cairns.

I have:
...way too many clothes, but an inability to make the most out of all of them.
... a cow on my bed. It's a cow but I call it "he" and his real name is "Marlow" but I call him "Mylow". Don't ask.
... a really blessed life.
... a very merciful and loving God.
... amazing people in my life.
... a lot of work to do.
... almost NOTHING in my savings maximiser account. No much for maximising.
... too many dreams and goals - and not enough will-power to get to them.
... an inability to complete anything. How depressing.
... to get to sleep damn it!

1 comment:

sweetbabboo said...

man, we must be related! like u, i cant sleep n am putting off doing my long list of things 2 do! n water saved me 2nite. had a long hot bath with lotsa bubbles n candles 2 soothe a weary soul. now i feel refreshd n ready 2 face d world again :)