Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday evenings

It's 5:06pm and I haven't eaten much today. I just keep getting swept up in another task, which never even made it on my to-do list, but still managed to be on the "high priority" list. Does that make sense? Probably not?

Looking at my blog archive, I realised I must've been pretty damn bored in 2005, because I posted almost 3 times more regularly than I did in 2006. Or perhaps 2006 was just a bleak year, and I didn't want to depress anyone with my thoughts.

I look back at my old entries and wonder how I used to have such a positive outlook on life, where that positive outlook escaped to, and why the heck I'm so tired and depressed all the time? What did I lose? What am I missing?

I feel as though I'm constantly looking for something, but I'm unsure of what it is. I tell myself this because it's better to think that I'm missing something, as opposed to having everything but still feeling empty.

I told Vincent that I feel like I haven't accomplished anything in my life. That's not true, but that's how I feel.

Anyway, to share with you completely pointless but somewhat traumatic event: two hunstman spiders hitched a ride in my Corolla yesterday. They were crawling around in my boot for God knows how long before freaking me out twice in one evening. My dad managed to flick one at me, and Edwin lost the other one somewhere in his front yard. Not the most heroic of moments for either of them...

No comments: