Tuesday, April 03, 2007

uh... those late nights

I'm completely hopeless. Six months into my first full-time job, and I'm still hanging onto old habits: procrastinating and praying to the Lord for an extension past the deadline.

Although before the future employee reads this and decides not to hire me (I hear that's the trend these days - employers look up your blog and decide from your writings whether or not your out-of-interview persona is equally worthy of the job) - I plea unfair treatment. Not only did the two people who handed this project to me NOT give me the material I needed to begin with, they also provided me little to no guidance, telling me only two days before the deadline that the deadline was.. well... last Thursday.

And so here I am - 1:51am on a Monday night, finishing up what's supposed to be the next greatest video to hit the promo charts. Pffft! Yeah right. I'm a beginner, and the product of several hours of (frustratingly!) converting footage into editable format... twiddling around with a new program... learning my way through the short-cuts and highlights of the multi-media production worls...

Hey hold up. Since when was multimedia in my job description? And when does all the extra hours of work get put in as overtime on my paysheet? Answer to both questions is nah-daahh... Nuthin.. zilch. Because all this (as I like to try to convince myself) is out of love for both God and the people I work for... pffft! (once again).

Can I admit right now that I'm totally struggling here? I'm not even going to say "I hate to admit it..." because I love admitting it - I just HATE IT when people ignore my plea of insanity. Ugh! Just because I've gotten through tough times before, that doesn't disable my need for help... But it I've sadly discovered that my 2007 mantra has to be "Just f**n deal with it," because unfortunately, no matter how hard I try or what I do, I always seem to curse myself over and over again.

No comments: