Friday, April 27, 2007

a poll on disappointment

We've moved offices and it's freezing down here. On a few positive notes, I get a window, and we're one floor below the chapel.
I'm tired. Slightly disappointed. I think I need to go and pray.

Tell me what's worse:
a) You're boyfriend forgetting your anniversary OR
b) You're boyfriend knowing it was your anniversary but deciding that there's no need to see each other or celebrate.

I can't figure it out. I don't know when this all started mattering to me, but I really do think that the first is much better. At least with option (a) it was just a slip of the mind. I could justify forgetfulness because he might be busy, not feeling well.. or had other things on his mind. But deciding the occassion just isn't important enough to even see each other? A brief visit? 5 minutes? A hug?

Nope... none of that. Just an e-card sent via email.
Well... I can't complain about the card: granted it was cute and thoughtful. But I always thought e-cards were the type of thing you sent to acquaintances who lived interstate or overseas.

Not to your girlfriend who lives 1km away.

Boys, take heed. Remember that blog post from millennia ago, when I mentioned how much girls want to feel loved, cherished and irreplaceable? Just because you've got her "yes" and don't have to wonder whether or not you've got her, don't think that desire we all have decreases. If anything, now that we've given our yes to you, we'd like to be constantly reminded that we didn't make a mistake by giving you the green light.

No comments: