Friday, April 06, 2007

My computer is seriously struggling. As I type this, its humming noise is becoming more and more stressed out. Poor machine. It's seen me through some great and trying times - old uni assessments, several YFC mission trips, retreats, youth group programs, and the major reformat or two.

At the moment I'm trying to compress pics from the CYS GAT so I can email them to Sav. Sav - someone who I used to spend so much time with, and now someone I only ever really correspond with via email or text. This could be depressing... in actual fact it's just a part of life. You leave uni, move into full-time work, and suddenly spare time is a thing of the past, and evenings are no longer spent making random visits to other people's homes. Shame really.. I didn't realised we'd all grow up so quickly and move into the real world.

The real world. @#$%&.

I'll admit, up until today, I haven't been a big fan of the "real world." I went to confession and the priest said, "This is a good day to start over. Remember what Jesus did to save you - you can lay all your sins on the table and my advice would be to leave them there. Today you can think of God's love, and start over."

Easier said than done, but I'll take his words over my own depressing thoughts any day. And man.. have I been depressing lately. I kind of feel for Amardeep, Edwin and Sarah... three people who are constantly hearing my life's progress reports (or perhaps lack-of-progress reports?). They listen patiently, and I'm not sure what it is that makes them still want to hang out with me.

I need a holiday. Or maybe not a holiday.. but something different. Something different and nice. Something that doesn't involve much effort, and the need for major justification.

No comments: