Tuesday, December 13, 2005

tonight's unfortunate anti-climax

It is soooo not cool when people ruin good moments and good conversations with unneccesary fits of rage and screaming. Today was a tiring, but altogether good day. Almost uglyfied by elder-sisterly complaints about things that don't need to be yelled about. *sigh*

So here's today's "perfect family moment" - my parents and I went to watch Harry Potter. Too bad siblings #2 and 3 weren't there, because that would've made it ultra-perfect. But yeah... I don't think I've ever watched a movie with my parents. So that's one tick on Joy's "wish list" right there. Yeah yeah... so that was on my wish list. Is that so weird? If it is, I'm not apologising - I like hanging with my paroes. But only when they're in a happy, childish mood. Unfortunately, that's a rare occassion. But I suppose rarity makes us appreciate these things more.

I realised last night that my life is very much akin to the beach. Perhaps that's why I enjoy trips there so much. Sometimes the waves are soft and gentle, and they curl onto the sand like a teasing invitation to test their depths. And at other times, when I foolishly wade into deeper waters, the waves drag me into overpowering currents, and I am suddenly ycaught in a rip without the necessary swimming skill to get mself out. There has only been one Life Guard strong enough to have braved all tides with me throughout my lifetime. I'm almost definite that I don't need to mention His name.

This morning I felt like a tsunami had drowned me in my sleep. My neck was aching and my muscles were stiff. And all I could think about was the amount of filing under my office desk. Yuck. But morning Mass and the McDonald's breakfast tradition lifted my spirits. (I'm sure the mocha with a double shot of chocolate had something to do with my energy too).

Right now the critical battery sign has popped up on my laptop so I should hit the sack and catch some zzzs. *rolls eyes at lack of originality*

I can't believe there are less than 3 weeks of 2006 left. How did it escape so quickly? Will next year roll by at full speed too? What will the waves have in store... and what will I leave behind on the safety of my shore? What harbour will I be docked on in 365 days? Only God knows...

Oh God... I'm so tired. I was never good at treading water, but now it feels like I'm stranded with no lifeboat and the seagulls are making ugly noises and circling me with the threat to poop on my head. =(

I realised I haven't been blogging because there have been real human ears to spend therapeautic venting time with. I listen to his lame jokes and he listens to my ridiculously childish stories that don't go anywhere. And like every other story on this blog, this entry has gone no-where.

Adios and good night!

No comments: