Monday, December 12, 2005

The happenings of Miss Adventure

My sisters gave my Mum the maddest Mother's Day present this year - a back massager. You know those cool things you see in electrical appliance stores and they invite you to have a free trial and you sit on the leather chair and it massages your back? Yeah... those things. So I'm sitting here in the dining room getting a full back and thigh massage. It's brilliant. That's what I call multi-tasking.

I've been telling Jonna all year that us girls should get full body massages... and I'm in the mood for one ay? It's been a hectic month since uni finished up. And I thought things would get quiter once I got over 2nd semester this year. But I was wrong BIG time! Hahaha... but don't take that as a complaint. Things have been the good type of busy - God's work - type of busy. :)

So what's been doin in the life of joyous_skitz? Today involved a spontaneous group outting with Suarez, Nez (welcome back btw!), Cheska, Pielle, Ryan & Jane to Lello's in Parra... mmm-mmm to lychee, kinder surprise, peanut butter fudge, nutella, taro, bailey's irish cream, blood orange, watermelon, mango, bubblegum and tira misu gelato. Big smiles to go around!!

You know I just realised these last few weeks have been filled with the maddest memories of childhood. The first experience was a couple of weeks ago on the way home from Canberra when we passed by McDonald's and I bought a Happy Meal. Discovered the coolest Happy Meal toys of all time - Transformers AND Care Bears. Just chuck in some Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles and that's my childhood right there. Haha... so I opted for the Care Bears Photo album. Good times in the car trying to figure out which Care Bear best suited the personalities of Bokyo, Victor, Gerry, Ryan and Kuya Vince.

A couple of days later was a shopping adventure for Ryan's presents. That was funny stuff... coz we DID discover Ninja Turtles candles in Coles. There were almost 20 balloons flying around the boot of the car on Monday morning. And then he busted me hiding cinnamon sugar in his pantry... that was hilarious. Later in the week, Eddoes bought a Happy Meal and gave a brilliant video demonstration of how to transform IronHide (sound effects included... and he's been singing the theme song all week... haha)

Then there was last night's SPY Christmas Party which WENT OFF!!


It was soooo much fun. I think preparing for it was part of the hilarity - first was the trip to Parra for Suarez's police man get-up. And his first experience of Cold Rock ice cream (which was an unfortunate waste because we were way too full to finish a double scoop after massive meals from Oportos).

Then there was the trip to Land of Oz with Ryan on Friday afternoon... and it took a while to get over the fact that he actually put on the entire Jedi outfit AND agreed to wear it. Good times! With the light saber and the hair, it was brilliant.
Then there was Jane's fairy outfit.... the rushed adventure to Spotlight, and the amount of late-night and Sunday lunch-time laughter and teasing that accompanied the creation of Fallout Boy's superhero outfit. I guess TIME mag was in the know when they published the article titled "And the geeks shall inherit the earth.." =)

So I spent a funny night with Disney characters, angels, horror movies freaks, punk rock stars, gypsies celebrities, two Santa Clauses, Zoro, a genie, Xena and even Austin Powers. :) I felt like I was in one of those make-believe games you play in your backyard on a Summer afternoon when you're five years old. (btw Fr Warren is the biggest poser of all time. Hahaha... nah, just kidding. But he loved it.)

So... Phil smsd me and I realised that's the last SPY night for the year. Or forever really... which is sad. Although last night I wasn't sad - I was happy. I saw how much the kids had grown, how much love they had for each other, how much its leaders have grown (and continue to grow!) and how much fun they have in each others' company. It makes me smile to know what God can do with open hearts and people who are willing to love. And that's just it... it's all about LOVE.

Sometimes people forget... but in the end, what's really gonna matter is loving - each other AND especially GOD - especially when it's difficult.

*sigh* Hey so I'm gonna miss these guys ay? And the hanging out, the pointlessness, the childishness, the remembering to keep it real - especially when there are a whole heap of things to get crappy about. The thing the peeves me with my older sisters is that they can really crappy about pointless things that don't need to be fussed over. It's a shame really... it's like they got too cool to have fun. But nothing beats being stupid with your friends. Time can't erase the feeling of being able walk around in red leather boots and jump around a stage in a blue cape singing praise songs, the light-saber fight between Zoro and Anakin, Wonder Woman bashing Fallout Boy with giant red punching gloves, and watching 50 Cent get arrested by Constable Suarez. I'm just hoping that even when I'm fifty years old, I'll still wanna get all dressed up and have fun... or at least make stupid costumes from my grand kids. Hahaha... at least I've already had experience making a cape ay? *wink wink*



No comments: