Saturday, January 21, 2006

Rome Adventure (1962)


I'm a sucker I tell you. It started with the cramping. So I took refuge on my parent's bed and turned the TV on. Usually Saturday afternoon movies on Channel 9 don't affect me much... but suddenly I was hooked on the romance unfolding between Troy Donahue and Suzanne Pleshette.

All of a sudden it was 4:30pm... whoops. And now it's almost 6pm. Hmm... in terms of productivity, I didn't score very well today. But in terms of girlishness... whoa... overload!

We had drinks at a Roman cafe, had a picnic in the mountains, dinner with a jazz band, rode around on a horse and carriage until 3 in the morning, walked up the leaning tower in Pisa, stayed at a chalet in the north Italian valleys, held hands under the table, laughed at each others idiosyncracies, stole kisses... blah blah blah... the only thing missing was him proposing at the Trevi Fountain. Then I realised I wasn't Suzanne Pleshette, my name isn't Prudence Bell...and my ideal guy does not have blonde hair. But I'd definitely appreciate a holiday in Italy... and a ride in a gondola in Venice.

Regardless of my overdose of fantasy drug (and perhaps Naprogesic) this movie could've definitely been thrown in as one of my favourites. *hangs head in shame* If you've never been caught up in a 1960s romance, then get caught up into this one. Although I might be a tad biased - I think I'm attached because I was in Rome less than a year ago, and every time I get sentimental, I start going through my WYD photos again. And the ones from Rome and Paris are priceless!

*sigh* ... bus 2 pilgrims... how I miss you!

No comments: