Saturday, February 18, 2006

homesickness

I never thought I'd be one to call home crying. But today's just one of those days... (did u ever hear that song by Monica.. "Just One of Them Days?".. ehp. That's me. Officially girlified.) I tried calling home. But no one's picking up their phone. Tried calling my mum. But we're never on the phone long enough for an actual conversation. Wish I could call Roanne... but she's at a retreat. Have no idea what my other sisters are doing, but I figure if they're not picking up the home phone, they're out doing something.

Right now I want to vomit, cry and vege. Right now, I want familiarity. Even though this place is officially home, I miss familiarity. I miss my family. But they don't seem to be missing me. And I miss my friends... crap - do I ever. Our stupidity, jokes, laziness and *sigh*... BLEH.

I just had a flashback of being in Suarez's living room on a Friday night. It was almost two years ago..crap. Back when I was doing ICOM 2-0-something in 2nd year uni, and Friday nights equated to late-night DVDs with Suarez, Nereus and Eddoes (and sometimes even Gerry... aww Gerry... where are you these days??). I miss the bumming. The bludging. The arguments about girls and guys. All that talk about love and how not to fall for cheap, overrated versions of it. Those conversations about nothing.

I miss random visits from Ian because he could smell fish coming out the kitchen window. I miss Sav & Pielle driving past my window and screaming out my name for the whole neighbourhood to hear.

And then there was Boston Markets. Why did they have to get rid of that restaurant? Why did people fail to see the value of corn bread?? And that $20 meal & movie deal at Reading Cinema that Ryan, Nez, Edwin and I exploited after deep and meaningful conversations about the skin colour, accent, and ideal qualities of our future partners... priceless stuff man. Ryan and his thing for salsa dancing... hahaha...

Don't get me wrong. Life in the house is awesome, and my friends here are irreplaceable. But so was life out West, and my friends back there are still irreplaceable. West Upperhousehold. Riann, Carlos, Jane, Gerry, Jons, Dom, Jaypee... Playing charades in my living room. Jumbling Tower. The TABOO session at Ian's place for Jonna's 21st. The beach. The St Andrew's choir and morning breakfasts at McDonald's.

I MISS MY MATES.

Bleh.

1 comment:

sweetbabboo said...

of course we miss ya! u know i'm too much of a lazy ass 2 answer d home fone but d house is not d same without u in it!