Sunday, February 26, 2006

nothing in particular

I'm in a contemplative mood - what with the rain splatting on the roof, the blinding lightning, the cars making swoosh sounds over the road, and the angry thunder freaking me out every now and again.

No... sorry, actually I'm just procrastinating again. My current crisis is that I can't seem to get comfortable - no matter where I am. It's a perplexing conundrum... but it's one that's been bothering me for quite some time now. And you know what totally sucks more?? We've managed to run out of ink. At this very second my printer is spitting out sheets of paper marked with splotches of black nothing. Gargh...!

On a positive note, Caitlyn came over for a visit this afternoon for lunch. It was the most heart-warming experience, having a tiny little baby fall asleep on my lap. I was thoroughly entertained for an hour, this fragile little baby peacefully dozing, pausing only momentarily to stretch, flinch, or open her curious little eyes and look at me with suspicion. She was very considerate not to make any noise as her parents napped in our living room. Jean and Mark ought to be commended for how well they cope with their exhaustion.

Hmmm... so what's to say today? Nothing much. Except there are a few things I should probably remind myself (one gains pah-lenty of wisdom after watching 7 episodes of the 2nd season of The OC in one weekend)... uh... like:
- Avoiding the truth will ultimately screw up your life
- There is no such thing as doing nothing, because even the act of doing nothing has a consequence
- Nice big houses and fancy-schmancy clothes will never equate to happiness
- If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything (the character of Marisa is a perfect example of this... I swear she annoys the hell out of me)
- There's hope for everyone (even Summer...)
- Never take guys like Zach for granted
- Don't do backflips unless you're totally confident you can do it, and if you start doing a backflip, do not (I repeat DO NOT!) stop half-way or you will kick yourself in the face with your knee and land on your back (not a good way to stay healthy and flexible)

Yeah so that last thing was not something I learnt while watching The OC. I learn that important life lesson on Friday afternoon at the Don Bosco centre... I've got video footage to prove it... and have been periodically treating myself to shiatsu massages all weekend to overcome the physical trauma of my (failed) attempt at primary school gymnastics... hmmm....

No comments: