Sunday, February 05, 2006

it's morphin time!!

Welcome to February - the second month of 2006. January was proof that this year is going to fly by without me even being able to blink.

Yesterday I paid my "real home" (as some friends like to remind me) a visit and spent the early evening diving into childhood memories by watching The Power Rangers Movie. Brought me back to the unforgettable schoolyard moments of 1994 and 1995 when pink ranger was my idol and all I wanted to do was cartwheels and backflips at the back of St Pat's playground in order to fight off those deadly Putties. Man... pink ranger was such a bimbo though. (that explains alot ay?)

Of course there's always my way of making sure I still tease out a moral out of last night's nostalgic couch experience. What was it that the half-naked warrior of the planet Vados was saying? Oh yes... the stronger power lies within.

When all hope is lost, then remember that GOD IS THE STRENGTH OF YOUR HEART.


The best inward sign of vocation is deep gladness – revolutionary but true. If a work is mine to do, it will make me glad over the long haul, despite the difficult days. Even the difficult days will ultimately gladden me, because they pose the kinds of problems that can help me grow in a work if it is truly mine.
[P. Palmer - The Courage To Teach]


It's been a month of training at the CYS house, and without a doubt - the strength to get through the long days is definitely from a source unbeknown to me. Each day brings with it a new set of challenges - be it spiritual, emotional, mental or physical... but I really praise God for providing CYS with such a devoted, affirming, funny and faithful team to do his work this year!

Having said that, if you read this, please note that our first retreat is tomorrow - so please send out a prayer for us!!

We are the limbs and eyes and faces in and through whom Christ plays.
[E.H.Peterson - Christ Plays In Ten Thousand Places]

No comments: