Saturday, June 03, 2006

saturday morning blues...

Breakfast: Extremely late, considering it's not meant to be day off. The sky is grey, so it's ridiculously dark in our house... and I didn't crawl out of bed until about... hmm.. 9:30am? That's after my eyes peeled open at 7am, and I told Sarah I'd be at Morning Prayer in "just a second.." but fell into a deep dream about riding in a car... and all of a sudden it was 2.5 hours later.

But Sarah (who will be an awesome mother one day - Josh and I have decided) lovingly cooked up a feast of French Toast, scrambled eggs and hot chocolate. And it's taking me a while to get this whole hot chocolate thing down (even though it's freezing), so I thought I'd blog.

I've been meaning to all week. But I either haven't found the time, or have surrendered all my energy.

And mate... what a week it's been. I'm blue today because Josh (our team-exchange brother from the Canberra-Goulburn team) is leaving today, and it's been one mega fantastic week with him around. I think it's important to see regular life through the eyes of someone who's experiencing it for the first time... so Josh - while he is 19 years old - did make this week's personal revelations far more exciting. Plus, he's just funny. Full of jokes, games, pointlessness... all the great things that boys are good for. And he's a true brother at heart... so kudos to Josh - I'll miss you man.

Feels like a mega long time ago since I was up in the common room having a DNM with Bernie about the possibility of doing a second year of team, while everyone was outside playing basketball in the rain.

Speaking of rain... my washing has gotten wet every time I've attempted to do it this week. I wake up to this brilliant sunrise, but suddenly the sky gets overcast, and the rain drops start to fall. I was outside hanging out toe socks yesterday, and I felt the first few drops, and I said,
"God... seriously... why'd you have to make it rain for?"
So he replied with,
"Joy, over a billion people pray to me every day... so I can't really say yes to everyone. So today, I couldn't say yes to you. Is that ok?"

Man I'm such a brat. Complaining about the little-ist of things. I was talking to Beth as we drove home last night, and we had a nice little conversation about choosing to be happy. Yes, me dear friends - happiness is a choice. Who would've thought?

I've decided to make it a habbit to come up with a Golden List at the end of everyday. A Golden List are 10 things that I am grateful for that happened in the last 24 hours. It's an awesome habbit, because even when you're going to bed in the foulest mood (which I don't recommend, by the way... wait... is that even a word?), you'll still manage to find 5-10 things that made you happy that day. If you do this every night, you'll start waking up in the morning, looking out for things that you can put on that list. It's a brilliant habit, I tell you, CHOOSING TO BE HAPPY.

Having said that, why is the title of my blog "Saturday Morning Blues??" I don't know. There's nothing particularly blue about today at all. Well... except for the fact that Josh is leaving. But otherwise, life is great... life is good... and despite all the tears... shit can still become something beautiful (compost bins are a testimony to that).

No comments: