Monday, January 31, 2005

pungent

Kristone returned my HSC Extention English 2 Major Work last Saturday...
After sitting down to have a squiz and what was in my brain three years ago, I realised I haven't sat down and worked on a creative piece in a looong time. Sadly, I think my hibernation as a writer may have permanently affected my thinking processes - in a detrimental way.

I will admit though, it was exciting to flip through the pages with fond nostalgia and remember, with affection, the origins of my 4 characters - Kayla, Rei, Carson and Mario. Each with their own characteristics, personalities, families, stories, reasons, fears and journeys.

One beautiful thing about being a writer is the fact that an entire world, an unforgettable journey, and one or four or maybe ten different lives can come alive simply by using the right words in the right order for the right effect. Isn't it amazing that when I write "smelly" you know what I mean? But when I write "pungent" it gives a different meaning to "smelly?"

Ok time to shut up and go to bed.



No comments: