Saturday, March 12, 2005

cloud 9

I seriously shouldn't be blogging, but I can't help myself. It's Saturday night, and my head is flooded with a gazillion thoughts about Europe, and the possibility of going their with two of my best mates, the possibility of seeing some of the most beautiful places in the world! Man... I seriously can't wait!! =)

My head is in the clouds and I've got SugarCult pumping out of the speakers. On a completely different note, I think it's time I get glasses. I'm almost definitely sure that it isn't the boredom of my uni notes that gives me a headache whenever I try to read... ;)

Meanwhile, isn't it weird how song writers (from rock & emo bands especially) feel like they can invent words? One day I'll invent a word - just for the sake of it.
So tell me what "permanate" means? Or did the lead singer of Switchfoot mean to sing "permanent" because that's the appropriate word?

For those who don't have a clue what I'm on about, here's an excerpt from the song that's got me thinking at the moment. ;)

Switchfoot - "Gone"

Today till soon be gone,
like yesterday is gone,
like history is gone,
the world keeps spinning on,
your going going gone,
like summer break is gone,
like saturday is gone
just trying to prove me wrong
you pretend like your immortal your immortal

we are not infinite
we are not permanent*
nothing is immediate
we're so confident
in our accomplishments
look at how dark it is

gone, like Frank Sinatra
like Elvis and his mom
like AL Pichino's cash nothing lasts in this life
my highschool dreams are gone
my childhood sweets are gone
life is a day that doesn't last for long

life is more than money
time was never money
time was never cash,
life is still more than girls
life is more than hundred dollar bills
and oh the town fills
life more than fame and rock and roll and thrills
all the riches of the kings
and up in wills we got information in the information age
but do we know what life is
outside of our conveinent Lexus cages


she said he said live like no tomorrow
every moment that we borrow
brings us closer to the God who's not short of cash
hey Bono i'm glad you asked
life is still worth living, life is still worth living

2 comments:

gerry said...

like yeterday* is gone

is that a word or should it be yesterday* hahahaa..

luv u JOY!!!

=)

Luke Marc said...

i love that song my favourite switchfoot song!

i'm gathering some acts, joy!

how many do you want me to get? (because i might go overboard)

i could probably provide you with more than an hour's worth of some kewl singers and maybe kewl dancers

i haven't asked everyone yet. so far:

ChristianC (extremely awesome singer who will play guitar and have a drummer with him)

Pjay (singer that sounds a bit like Ruben from US Idol, also was taught by Ate Pam)

Amabelle (enough said)

Tenaj (well i told Cres)

DonV (just mentioned it to him)

I can find you more and not all filo as well...what you think?

----------

I have plans for the publicity stuff too, but I'm thinking it would help if we got acts from those schools so we can get some 'representatives' to help me out

-------

this is a long comment but yeah please contact me back soon coz during the week i get really busy