Monday, November 28, 2005

conquering the nullabor

Currently surrounded by:
- A dining room full of junk. And by junk I mean a 13 year old organ that no one plays because it sounds off-tune and awful, crates and containers full of things that should never have been kept for longer than five years, numerous CDs, empty boxes that belong in the recycling bin but always seem to find their way out, a bunch of resumes, candle sticks, old floppy disks (and I mean OLD... like the mega huge ones), and a broken silver picture holder-thingy that is holding photos that seriously need replacing.
- 3 apples and a banana
- Numerous family photo albums
- A naked Christmas tree
- Black leather office chair
- Board games

Hmm... so I need to clean and tidy up this living area. Although I don't see the point sometimes, because living life will always include mess... and the only real way to get rid of the mess is to get rid of the stuff that's making the mess - so go figure that one, because I live with a family of professional hoarders. It's only recently we've gathered the courage to let go of the things we were meant to throw out or give away half a decade ago.

I also need to take a shower... but that's not important.

The Christmas tree is in a different place this year. And it's naked except for the Christmas lights, which took forever to put up. I've decided that when I get my own place with my own Christmas tree, screw putting up garlands. I hate them - I can never do them evenly and whenever I try, they make the tree look depressed and confused.

And speaking of confused - that's where I am right now. Woke up this morning after having a very strange dream that involved girls and eggs (the ones you crack and eat, not the ones in your ovaries). After I got over the initial shock of my subconsciousness being able to come up with a dream that was just so weird, I ended up spending a whole hour sitting in my bed and writing in my diary about what turns out to be a very... tiring? weekend.

Because of the weekend, I have several people on "Hero" status at the moment:
- Fr Warren for fearlessly cleaning out the freezer after we discovered it had shortcircuited...and had about 200 sausages just sitting in there.
- Suarez for realising that it is cool to be a gentleman and unlock the car door for a girl before getting in the front seat.
- Eddoes for reaching his goal and eating the larger portion of last night's T-bone steak.
- Dom for his double-shift on a Sunday night and for the best glass of mango iced-tea anyone has ever made for me.
- My Dad.. because he just is a hero.
- Gemma, Lisa & Phil for getting up early on Sunday morning to help out with the fundraising BBQ.

*sigh* You guys rock and keep my smiling!

No comments: