Thursday, November 18, 2004

"First Love"

This is ridiculous - I get online to email me tutor about my assignment WHICH I STILL HAVEN'T HANDED IN - and here i am BLOGging for crying out loud!
But it's not that I'm in a pointless-let's-write-about-jiberrish-to-bore-the-reader-type mood... Actually, this morning I have something enlightening to say!

What a morning too... woke up in a bed (that wasn't mine) by a phone call from one of my coolest of friends - because she's about to board a plane to INDIA for two months! So I crawl out of bed to a landline phone, and explain to her that she interrupted a dream about me jamming the photo copier at a library (sign of what's to come??) ... and here I am - 3 hours later, after a shower, breakfast and lots of thinking and praying and procrastinating.

The point HOWEVER... is that the thinking and the praying I've been doing lately has led to quite a revelation. ;o)
All this talk about *crushes* and *likes* and *emotions* that flutter in and out of thoughts and dreams and heartache is all good fun - but before getting swept away in human attraction: I've been reminded in a recent reading NOT TO FORGET MY FIRST LOVE!!

So here goes: a dedication to the Man who won my heart - well before any boy did. ;o)

as i stepped into tonight, i felt your breath down my spine / i felt you hold me in your arms, and whisper “you are mine” / i stared up at the sky then watched them twinkle in your eyes / as i breathed in your sweet scent and listened to your sighs / you were knocking on my heart not too long ago / tugged at my emotions as you sung music to my soul / and only you can make the Summer air taste so sweet / only you can give me tingles as you sweep me off my feet / because you knew me from the start and you read between the lines / you pull back my defences and you break past all my lies / and you always gave me freedom to be open or to hide / never did you force your way, but i know you’ve tried / to offer me the type of peace and and everlasting joy / that i know i'll never find in any other boy /

as i stepped into tonight, i heard your voice calling to me / a gentle, sweet reminder that i am loved, that i am free / i watched you paint a masterpiece uniquely for my eyes / in the colours of the sunset, in the shades of the sky / i drive past all the flowers that you send me everyday / and read through your love letters where you shamelessly proclaim / i smile at each romantic gift you leave at my heart’s door / and lose myself in each embrace that makes my spirit soar /

as i stepped into tonight, i felt your hand holding my own / i felt you wrap yourself around my heart and prove i’m not alone / you spoke to me of all the gifts you’ve prepared and want to give / and all the love you want to show me each day that i live / and with each step i took i knew you were at my side / as my shield, as my protector, as my soldier, as my guide / and as i sit here dreaming what our future has in store / your whispers comfort me and remind you’ve planned more / sweet lover all these dreams of mine, i know you know so well / and whether these come true – i know time can only tell / but i see you in my future, just as you were in my past / because what you’ve offered me is one thing i know will last / eternal in its nature, in essence from above / my source of inspiration – my first and only LOVE.

thank you Jesus... my perfect boyfriend. =)

No comments: