Sunday, April 30, 2006

zzzzzzzzzzz....

Lessons after an NZ experience:

#1 - I can't deal with boys who snore. This whole trip I've tried to stay as feminine as possible, feeling like I need to counter the overdose of testerone I've encountered after two weeks with JUST boys. As much as I love Edwin, Suarez, Nereus and Bokyo, their rhythmic sleeping sounds have left me sleepless this whole holiday... so yeah... *sigh* So much for going home feeling more relaxed ay?

#2 - New Zealand is mighty beautiful. It's landscapes are fantastic, it's animals are funny and it's cities are so much fun. Mountains disappear and reappear behind mist and clouds... and the view from the ferry when we arrived at South Island. *WOW!* breathtaking stuff mate!
(Remind me to show you all a video of the massive bunch of cows we found on the road on our drive from Picton when Edwin and Boks stopped to pee... NZ scenery - what an amusement!)

#3 - Travelling with Boks has been awesome coz his poses crack me up and he's not afraid to walk around, explore a place's lifestyle and culture, and chat up shop assistants and absolute strangers just for the sake of having a good time.

#4 - Vegetables and fruit are integral to one's diet.

#5 - New Zealand ice cream is worth it - even on days when you are sporting a massive jacket, a scarf, a pair of gloves and a white beanie.

#6 - It is possible to enjoy and appreciate a rainy day - so long as you're in Hanmer Springs and up the road from hot thermal springs and have access to a private spa room.

#7 - Fancy schmancy hotels aren't all that worth it after a few weeks in hostels. A bed, clean sheets and a place to shower is all you need. I've learnt that you don't even need a TV - not in Christchurch anyway. Besides, you meet more people and hear more languages when you're in a hostel with travellers who don't have any money... :p

#8 - KFC tastes the same - no matter where you are in the world.

#9 - Peacocks are snobby. We went to the zoo today, and I got snobbed by a Peacock. Far out... talk about depressing. And then Edz fed the giraffe and I got rejected... (I still reckon it's only coz the giraffe knew it was his birthday)

#10 - NZers in Christchurch don't know what Gloria Jeans coffee is. We asked a store assistant if he knew where the nearest "Gloria Jeans" was, and he replied with, "Hmm... I don't know if there's one of those around. But there is a Just Jeans just up the road...?"

And with that... I'm gonna go pack. See you soon Sydney!

No comments: