Monday, November 07, 2005

the final count-down

In the labs with a #)!%&load of work to do. Didn't feel like lunch, so my so-called lunch break involved a 17minute conversation with Amardeep, enrolling my my Vacation Unit at MCSI (yes, I'm doing a Summer subject! Go me!), deciding to jig my 2pm lecture (because if he hasn't taught me anything useful this entire sem, what makes me think he'll pull through at the last minute???), and buying a $1 Lime COKE from a Korean guy from a Korean club. Nice huh?

Hmm... I'm procastinating again. And you know what? I shouldn't be because I know the next 24 hours will involve my semester tradition of pulling a marvellous all-nighter. Why am I not surprised that I'm gonna pulling together the loose strands of this major work two days before it's due date? Haahaa... and why do I pretend that I'm the slightest bit peeved? I saw this coming - so there you go... Hahaha... Ah well - I'm not fussed. I haven't pulled an all-nighter yet (not this sem anyway) so the ritual MUST not be ignored - it must be performed with style and grace.

So this week... this week is gonna be the fastest and most annoying week of the month of November. This week is tutorial analysis, major work, class presentation, critical appraisal and then major essay. But this time next week (I hope) I'll be FREE. FREE FREE FREE! Free as a bird until January some time. =P

But you know what? Right now... I'm HAPPY. HAPPY. DOCILE. AT PEACE. Laughing at myself and smirking constantly because every now and again, I remember something stupid that happened this weekend and want to laugh, but instead I think, "THANK YOU GOD," for pulling me through what could've been an emotional breakdown.

Since last Thursday's mishap of a sook, I've experienced:
- God's presence at the FFD. YAY! Praise God.
- Tinkering on the keys at a grand piano and playing praise songs til the late hours of a Friday evening.
- Feeling whispers at my heart through the words of friends (and some strangers) that affirmed me never to lose hope... even when you can't see it.
- A change of perspective.
- A chick-flick with my mission partz. What a dag... buhahaha - and stop telling everyone I chose that movie, coz you know I didn't!!! But yeh... the new HOYTS smells like stale new-car-smell.
- My monthly dose of early morning Mass... with a lot of giggles and embarrassment. Royce is wonderful - he reminded me: God is happy even with the smallest offerings.
- Breakfast at Lukes! WOW! We haven't done that in AGES!! And it was the maddest brekky ever... cooked with love by Cres and Lukage: pandesal, mi goreng, eggs and NZ butter. Mmmmm-mmmmm....
- A chick-flick with Suarez and Eddoes. Now how the heck did you guys fall for that one? Hahaha.. and I'm sorry but YES I did cry, and NO I'm NOT embarrassed BUT YES I did hide behind a pillow at the end of the movie. Hahaha...
- Spontaneous 1-2-1 dinner which reminded me of the simple pleasures of life: faith, simplicity, God, friendship, honesty, prawn pizza and fulfilling Italian food.

Having said all that... I am officially BLESSED.

No comments: