Sunday, July 24, 2005

God's natural face cleanser

He called tonight while I was on my bed surrounded with tissues, my nose was totally clogged and my voice was muffled and nasal. And despite all the emotions and hurt and confusion that was gurgling in my head and in my heart, all was at peace when I heard him say "hello" and we still had one of those magical conversations about nothing. By the time he'd finished his apple and I'd finished eating dinner and we'd gotten off the phone, I was smiling again.

I'm not quite sure why I'm still awake because God knows how exhausted I am. What I am sure of though, is that God also knows that I cried a lot of unnecessary tears tonight. And He played a big part of easing the tidal waves that seemed to crash all the way up from my chest to my nasal passage, and through my eyes onto my cheeks. There is no doubt that God can calm any storm.

No comments: