Monday, July 18, 2005

My fetish for late nights

It's like I have an inability to sleep early. It's really quite frustrating. But even though today was exhausting both to my body and my credit card... I can honestly say that I'm happy. Happy because God manifested himself in so many ways today, and I like knowing that He's looking down on me... even when it's hard to get anything on my "to-do" list done...So before my week-long corporate assignment starts in the City tomorrow, I wanted to say...

Thank you Lord for your smile in my friends. For the glint in their eyes. For the warmth in their hugs. Thank you Lord for your concern in my family. For the guidance in their words. For the care in their directions. Thank you Lord for your hope in my heart. For the tingles in my soul. For your peace in my mind.

Despite the trials that I know will come ahead... help me to soldier on.

Protect my mind with my helmet of salvation.
Protect my heart with my breastplate of righteousness.
Protect my dignity with the belt of truth.
Protect my soul with the shield of faith.
Send me with my boots of readiness.
Sharpen my sword of the Spirit.
Build up my skills of prayer, fasting, humility and especially... LOVE.
Create in me the best follower, the best servant, and the best child I can be...

ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIER.

No comments: