Tuesday, July 19, 2005

legend of the *!$&!% fall

Is it just me or do you also think that the fact humans call it "falling" in love kind of reflects the sheer grandeur of our stupidity about the concept? I mean... why liken God's most powerful creation to that off something hurtful and disastrous? ... *looks around and realises there's no one in the room to answer* ... I guess when its not administered in the write dosage or method, love can have some pretty melancholy side-effects. And I've had one too many mishaps, might I add.
Today I was told something I didn't want to be told. Brought up the past, brought up the heartache, brought up the possibilities. It's not often that I cringe when I hear the term "possibility" but when the risk of getting hurt grows exponentially when the "possibility" of someone resurrecting from two years ago comes flying back... I can't help but feel sick to the stomach.
And then of course there are those possiblities about certain that you know should seriously stay in the back of your head, crushed below all the other things that you just don't state in public spaces. E.g. How it felt in the toilet after eating too much, the times you've needed to pick your nose, the people you've pictured in their undies etc.
I guess my only consolation is that with the possiblity of the failure comes the possibility of success. God was generous and clever by making everything happen in opposites - day/night, black/white, land/sea, question/answer, light/dark, right/wrong... ah... yet right now my head is full of logic and nonsense that can't seem to separate itself from each other.
Like Ian, I'll stay vague about this particular predicament, simply because teasing out heart-strings in the public sphere is an invitation to tangled mess that no cat would want to play with. That, and it's more fun when things are kept in secret.

I think I'm just exhausted. Today at CFAL was excellent. I don't seem to fit into the corporate sphere though. I think I'm a westy by heart... looks are deceiving I tell you! Day #2 will be interesting - I'm going to need one enormous coffee to get through a 8:30am-5pm shift and have a council mtng at 7:30pm.

It never ends does it? So much to do, so little time. So much to feel, not enough ways to vent it. So much to ask, not enough answers. So much confusion, not enough sense. So much temptation, not enough self control.

And then it hits me like a brick in my stomach - none of that is true. GOD IS ENOUGH.

A wise turtle once said ... it comes with the territory. Yes... and I chose to walk this path... so who am I to complain about the interesting scenery?

No comments: