Monday, October 03, 2005

roughin it

Good morning readers! I'm sitting at my laptop and just took the final sip of a double-shot of coffee... which should get me through this morning (at the very least). The next four days will be mighty interesting - roughing it amongst the trees, in the dirt and under stars on the lovely coast of Australia. Praise God for beach weather...

As of this morning, I've decided to surrender. I guess I can't do much else - I'm so mentally and physically drained... and after this major event, I've promised myself to START SAYING "NO!" because I just can't hack it anymore... I need a bed, a pillow, and about two years to recover from going hardcore in pretty much every aspect of life - from famz, to uni, to HSB to SPY...

Mind you, the glow that I had post-WYD is still here... it's just hiding behind the pimples and the stress of having experienced about ten gazillion mishaps over the month of September.

But October has arrived... and I am happy - for many reasons.
Yesterday is one of them. The sunshine, the water, the waves, the friends, the laughs, the sand fights... and finally being able to leave the world of work behind for one day. Just one... PRAISE GOD. I missed being able to chill-ax.

Now it's straight back into the race... armed with nothing but an unprepared program, but a very faithful heart, a digestive system full of toast and caffeine (and soon an apple and banana)... and a few sweet, happy memories from last night's shopping expedition at Coles.

Just before I jump into the car and head south - RYAN I'M GONNA MISS YOU!! Sucks because I'm used to you being 5 minutes away, as opposed to 5 countries... but have a blast in the States, and remember the things you need to bring back. Hopefully we'll have exciting stories to exchange by the time you come back! ;o)

Ciao for a couple of days people! PRAY FOR ME THIS WEEK! And for our SPY Rep Council too...

No comments: