Sunday, October 30, 2005

the how-tos of a successful relationship - part #2

Man I love my family - they crack me up. There are ups and downs, fights and differences... but there are also mud-cake-with-vanilla-ice-cream moments that will always make me smile when I look back at photos and think of the stupid things that make my sisters, brothers, and parents laugh.

And so today's message to Mr Architect goes a little something like this:

You know you're doing well when her Dad asks why she didn't invite you to his birthday dinner... and tells her she should have.


More of Joy's smile material:

- Hershey kisses
- Late night ice-cream
- Popping candy
- How much I suck at puttputt
- The song game during the drive to Dural
- Stubbornly sharing a recliner with Matt
- Dancing the Nutbush with old high school friends *sigh - memories of yr 8 disco!!*
- Seeing everyone at Christina's 21st
- Being poked in the right boob by Ella
- Knowing that the funniest, most honest, most trivial... and in fact: the best aspects of old friends will never change
- How lying on a couch can make me feel like the luckiest person in the world
- Laughing for 5 minutes straight at the guy who says, "hey baby!"
- MORE DAYLIGHT... YAHOOO!
- Christmas is less than 2 months away
- My Dad was born today many many years ago :) And then the rest of my family came along decades later...
- I have an urge to paint something pretty
- Running fingers through scruffy hair
- Day by day I know that God is listening to me
- 2 weeks left of uni babY!!! :)
- Next stop(s): New Zealand, Hawaii, Venice, Spain, Brazil, Jamaica, Egypt, America (when Ryan turns 21... hahaha)... and the list goes on
- "Baby It's You" by Jojo

Lessons of: the how-tos of a successful relationship - part #2

- "This will last forever if we choose to do it right"
- "The more people shout, the more likely you will hear... so the more people pray, the more likely God will listen." [Toilet talk with Charelle, Nette and Mary Anne]
- Character is who you are when no one is looking: let us develop our character to be more CHRIST-LIKE
- 1 John 4:8 says that GOD IS LOVE. By staying close to the ultimate source of love, we will be changed... the more time we spend with Him, the more we become like him. ;o)

"Love... so amazing, so divine...
demands my soul, my life, my all..."
[Isaac Watts]

No comments: