Tuesday, October 11, 2005

set it free...

Today's favourite moments:
- Opening my window and realising there was a blue sky waiting for me outside...
- Mass
- Lighting candles and saying prayers for all that happened and all that could... later
- Watching someone drive past at the traffic lights
- Breakfast and organising my life
- My To-Do-In-Life list during the road trip to uni
- Getting through 2 hours of reading in the library
- Bus trip home with Suarez (looking hot bro!)
- Nap
- Waking up to chicken soup with quail eggs... mmmm..mmm....
- Chatting to Ella on MSN.

Goals for tomorrow:
- Wake up at 6am
- Morning exercise
- Get to uni EARLY!
- Buy my course reader (yeah yeah - it's 9 weeks late... SORRY)
- Read my course reader
- Write up the user-testing report with my MAS309 group - due on Wednesday
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS DAX & DOM LEROY!
- Be happy and at peace with what God's blessed me with.

Lessons from 366 yesterdays ago:
Midnight, 9th October 2004 [ice-skating at Blacktown]:
Thank you, Lord, for the youth and seeing them enjoy themselves... Today's ice-skating experience taught me a fair bit about life ...
- You can't be afraid to let go of the wall - You're allowed to speed up but you have to be able to slow down - You're allowed to scream - You'll get cold and wet but that's the fun of it - There will always be people who are better and faster, just as there there are people slower and more scared than you - It's all about being confident and balanced - It's not as fun watching from the sidelines - There's benefits in learning new tricks...
Humans are funny - breaking legs, cutting off fingers... we find enjoyment in going around in circles on a cold, hard surface, and enjoy the risk of falling flat on our faces. I stacked it big time... and loved it."

"Though I love the idea of 'being in love' more and more things come up to remind me WHY I WON'T BE FINDING THE RIGHT GUY for a loong time! Had dinner with my sis... they're married, in love, passionate, hard-working... and life isn't perfect. But they choose to experience things together.
"LOVE IS A CHOICE"
... He reminded me of the quote I used to tell him all the time as we were growing up:

>'If you love something set it free. If it returns, you haven't lost it. If it disappears and doesn't come back, it was never yours to begin with...'

Admittedly, last night I remembered something really simple: Don't just settle... I don't want to be content with mediocre. I know God is giving me THE BEST."

What I wrote that night:
... One day I will call you and see how you are. And I hope you don't push me away. Coz one day you'll wake up and regret the way fear and pride prevented you from truly loving. My prayer is that you will never have to regret that... so one day, when you're ready, we'll go have a coffee or some ice cream, and you can tell me where you've been and what you've been up to. This is what me "loving" you is - trying my best to be my best and be happy ... because I know that's what I want for you. I miss you, but it's ok because life is great and thre's plenty to be happy about - no point or time to wallow... because the thing is... I am excited to fall in love again.

Wisdom to apply from now on:

"Choosing to love someone means choosing to spend this part of your life knowing them, understanding them, learning them, growing with them, struggling with them, encouraging them and accepting them. By no means does it ever mean keeping them, because love involves God and acknowledging that essentially, we all belong to Him. When we acknowledge that, we automatically want the best for them. Love doesn't mean growing closer to that person; but bringing that person closer to God."

Don't let impatience rob you from what the Author of life has waiting in the chapters to come...


No comments: