Sunday, October 09, 2005

zzzzzzzz......

Hmmm... where to start... all I've been doing today is thinking. My mind's been going tick-tick-tick - and it's about nothing productive. Interesting thoughts, daydreamy thoughts, happy thoughts, last night's thoughts, last week's thoughts, close thoughts, yummy thoughts... but nothing to do with what I should be thinking about - and that's the fact that it's week 9 of semester 2 starts tomorrow and AGH! I still haven't gotten into the swing of uni.

I was also thinking about all the possible titles I could have written up for this blog:
- "8 days in the making"
- "Fluff and tingles"
- "Red Spring-time dresses and sexy white heels"
- "I am such a sucker..."

- and a whole heap of other things...
But you're stuck with something sleepy and mundane like "zzzzzz" because that's exactly what I'd be doing right now, only I've been sitting here next to the phone waiting for it to ring. Come on... just let the lights turn on, let the vibration rattle against my bedroom desk, and let me see that name and photo appear on the screen!

Why is it that I'm always sleep deprived?

Not that I'm really complaining though... I'm actually quite happy to postpone the conversation. It lets me return to the happy-snappy thoughts about things that happened, and things that have yet to happen, things that I really want to happen... and the crazy things that God wills to happen.

My brain is sooo all over the place. MAS309 assignment - postponed til tomorrow morning. Eeep! (Will work on it after Mass...)
How about I vent all that I would have vented had I titled this blog something else?

"8 days in the making"
Where do I even start? I sat down to eat lunch in an almost-empty house today and realised I hadn't sat down for a home-cooked meal in over a week. A week ago I had roasted away under the sun on Dee Why beach in the company of my mission partner and funny faces of the YFC crew who I hadn't seen in what felt like forever... Jug, Conj, Aimelle, Redell, Ian and Suarez, just to mention a few. At about this time last Sunday I was wandering the aisles in Coles, trying to find tucker for our SPYRC camp... a shopping expedition that took a good 2 hours to complete - but I'm definitely not complaining!
And speaking of SPYRC camp... wow. 4 days in a tent. Well... not really - can't say I spent that much time in the tent. Where do I even begin to detail the happenings of such an affirming, enjoyable, ridiculous and hilarious SPY rep training!
Monday - waking up at 6am to pack. (whoops! I was pooped after shopping) Hacky sack in front of the church. Waiting for my Dad to buy ice. Mass. Seeing the excited faces of 7 very excited SPY leaders. Driving off in Fr Warren's Vectra and leaving him to jog 200m to the car.... (teeheee.... *blush* sorry!) Being interrogated about whether or not the person that I liked had kissed me yet. My embarrassed and defiant "NO!" Pitching tents on bumpy ground. Realising me tent was tiny, funny... and soooo NOT waterproof. Rejoicing as I changed into my bikini and boardies! WOOOHOOO! Afternoon lying on the sand in 28 degree heat. Getting thrown in the water. The seaweed under the bridge at the swimming hole. (GARGH! Yuck!) Matt... and him not wanting to swim across the deep water (awwww!!) Session 1 and the screaming and the laughing and the finding of the crucifix and the lessons, and the cold front that followed the warm wind and the stars at night, and the feint murmur of water on the distant shore. Praying the rosary with the girls... (favourite moment - FOR SURE) Tuesday morning bacon and eggs (cooked by a professional... hahaha... kudos to Fr Warren!) Early morning jog to the end of the beach. Sending MMS videos to people at work and making them mighty jealous of our morning jog to the end of the beach. Bait hunting. Fishing. The very first round of TABOO and the speakers workshop. Invisible soccerballs, the 2 minute spiel about toes, ab muscles, The Cinderally Story, the new Charlie & The Chocolate Factory movie, strange creatures and made-up SPY announcements with fake information (well done guys! You make me so proud!) Volleyball with Scott and Danielle. Teaching a 5 year old how to say "gravity." Listening to the leaders lift up selfless prayers in our tent as we prayed the rosary for the 2nd time. Celebrating Mass in the tiny little shack... Laughing really hard at late-night interrogation. Waking up on Wednesday and realising I had to go to uni... ewww... Driving Fr Warren's VECTRA in peak-hour traffic. Going really fast... (I mean... *ummmm...* :o|) Embarrassment at uni during out "User Testing" presentation... getting back and realising they were all fishing. Jealous that they got to go fishing... Happy to get back into my swimming gear again! Sausages and pasta and fried potatoes and yummy food cooked lovingly by EJ, Gemma and Nereus. Happy that we had visitors that cook for us... haha. Volleyball... again. Setting up the challenge course. Winning scissors-paper-rock against Fr Warren.. YEAH! Laughing on the floor as I watched them trying to build sandcastles and win 3-legged raced - blind-folded. Not wanting to get out of the sea. Shell hunting. Walking on the water. Fried rice in the darkness of the night. Playing "We Are One Body" out of time... Taboo - Round 2: "Fallopian Tube," "Boobs!" "Jugs!" "Tits!" "Where I go to chuck a..." "Where the heck is Siberia?" "Gemma, you and I are geographically challenged," "WEDGIE!" "Something-job..." *blush... again!* Roasting marshmallows on a BBQ campfire. Writing in my journal. Realising it was the last night... nOOOO!!! Crawling into my sleeping bag for the last time. Making rosary beads out of shells at 7 o'clock in the morning. Getting help from Danielle's big sister Kelly, and her friends. Laughing, laughing, laughing... and getting tackled by a four-year-old boy. Philadelphia cheese with crackers. Packing up the tent. Volleyball finals - sorry we lost guys! Getting smacked in the face by the ball... *gargh!* Watching Matt getting smacked in the face with a ball! *gargh x2!!* The good cry at Fr Warren's car. Wanting to cry some more when the leaders affirmed each other (good tears... not bad ones) Knowing that they pray more now... Falling asleep on the drive home. One hour 1-2-1 with Phil in front of the church. The "toothbrush visit" when I got out of the shower. Sitting on the couch talking about nothing and everything...
The end of a very satisfying adventure... and the beginning of a million new ones!

1 comment:

gerry said...

oOOO....i loike dresses too man!!

lets go dress shoppin!!!

miss ya!!!

oh by the way is the summer love blossoming or wahh?? OoOo...u gotta tell me...i got nufs man! hahah..boo hoo..