Sunday, October 16, 2005

a spoonful of tuna

I got home at about 2am and had 5 missed calls on my phone.
Now I'm lying here, tucked in bed with my purple pj pants and Mac Uni jumper which is very nice to cuddle and snuggle in - but there's no-one to cuddle and snuggle with, which is quite a shame really.
So why am I up so late? Beats me - I was absolutely knackered in the car on the drive home. I feel like I should give Frenace an award for the drive - Ags, Edz and I all fell asleep as we crawled down Parramatta Road in traffic. TRAFFIC AT 12AM?! What the? But Fran persisted... and because of her persistence, I am here in this bed... with my purple pj pants and Mac Uni jumper which is very nice to... etc etc. So... THANK YOU Frenace!

Was ridiculously thirsty and hungry when I got home. Discovered a bowl of carrot sticks on the bench so I ate those, had a glass of milk and decided to fix myself a bowl of tuna with lemon and pepper and mayonnaise... sat on my bed consuming the contents of the bowl with some crackers. Yum yum yum... But the crackers finished before the tuna did so I have spoonful left... what a weird midnight snack. Figured I had to consume something because I didn't consume much at Michael's house warming... except a small plate of very YUMMY food (which his very talented flat mate cooked) and beer. Surprisingly, I enjoyed the beer - which I usually don't. I'm not that big a fan, you see. Bacardis I can do. Cocktails and white fruity wine, I can do... beers... well apparently I like them too.

Actually I think I liked it because it gave me an excuse to go back inside instead of hanging out in the balcony listening to small-talk (with which I am easily bored with) and I ended up dancing with Han, John and Michelle. Han is a crack-up to dance with - which is precisely what made it so much fun! And by "dance", I don't just mean do some body-rolls, shuffle your feet and chuck in a corny Beyonce move type dance, I mean we were in the living room swinging hips and holding hands doin the real salsa, cha-cha, tango and samba style. Kudos to the guys who decided to break out of their shell and learn some moves (John and Han were two, the others will go unnamed!) I know for sure that they did something out of the ordinary by responding to the invitations to get up and get moving... and I'm very proud of them for doing so. I don't know why guys are so afraid to dance - considering its a perfectly valid excuse to hold hands, get close and break a sweat. Hahaha... but not in the sordid way. We did get to hold hands and get close... but the only thing we broke was a table (sorry Michael!)

Eventually the whole room was full of us just moving to the rhythm. I think I've found my favourite party people - Bex, Han, John, Rian, Michelle, Vicky, Michael, Ags, Fran, Edz, Scotty... there were heaps of others and you know who you are, no I haven't forgotten, yes you're included... it's just really late.

So yes.. today was quite eventful. A lot longer than I thought. Got all prettied up in a skirt... went to Dax's after doing some uni readings... did more readings after Edz took me home, and then we ventured off to Paddington for a night in the city. Good times!

Did some blog-surfing when I got home. Had intended to watch some Daria episodes but for some lame reason it wouldn't work, so I caught up on the lives of some mates online. I've decided that the survey on Luke's blog is the type of survey I never wanna do because it makes me wanna puke (really... Colloes - if you haven't read it already, do so and puke with me!) Although I've had a lot of ppl telling my mushy lurv stories lately - but the ones that make me smile, as opposed to the icky ones.

I have recently rediscovered the feeling you get when you look at each other for a split second from the other side of the room and you wanna smile but don't wanna be a dead give-away so you both pull funny faces - both of which are dead give-aways anyway. And the electricity when you brush past someone in a crowd, and you realise who it was. And the it's-so-nice-to-know-they're-thinking-about-ya feeling...

It's all fun feelings... *crush* feelings... the feeling that sunny spring days and walks during sunset remind me of. The nostalgic, primary school excursion, mango ice-cream from the bucket, water-sprinklers-I'm-in-the-clouds-type of feeling that I never want to lose... so I'll just leave it there and go brush my teeth.

1 comment:

gerry said...

hey joy!!!

i think i know who it is!! hahahaa...but then i think about it! and i'm like...thats weird! but like love is a crazy thing! and i think...hmm...for me to have not known is me being very naiive! and now that i know..or think i know! i could understand why u say i would laugh at you and why it would or could cause problems or have sum effect! hmmm...i know who it is! hahhaa..and yeh its interesting...good luck with it! ahha..man u guys are soo not like that but!! hahaha...hmmm and i know he was there that day i asked you!!! hehhehee...and i think i asked him if he would marry you..but yeh being naiive i took no notice of his answer!! ahaha oOOOoo...joy!!! u've been caught!! hahhahaha...oh man..i could never think of him that way!! i'm gna go PUKE hard NOW! ahhhaha...he's a very noice guy though and ur a good actress!! hehe..