Tuesday, June 21, 2005

proof that God is romantic

Ok ok, laugh all you want.. the photos you see below might seem completely unrelated... but to me, they're just tiny reminders that God is thinking about me. Hahaha... I mean... who puts a star in a fruit? And who makes a perfect mug of milo achievable? God does! Hahaha...

*sigh* Yes, it does feel good to be free from uni. Five semesters down. Seven more to go... AHAHAHAHA... But after a month of venting and absolute kerfuffle in my head, I feel somewhat lighter tonight.

Again, I was thinking about GAT tonight. Partly because I'll be going on my next overseas adventure in around six weeks. SIX WEEKS! WOW... My heart is pounding. I got all sentimental and went downstairs about half an hour ago, moved around some enormous boxes (that's my month's worth of weight-lifting ticked off the to-do list), and discovered my crate full of journals.

I don't know what it is that makes me write a copious amount of journal entries each season, but there is something cool about being able to dig into a box and find myself back in the plane on the way to Philippines, or sitting in the hall at ALPADI listening to full-time missionaries talk about living life on the edge, or holding hands and laughing with the little boy at Brookside, or reliving last year's HH retreat, or my final contracts exam, or the eight days in Melbourne last July, or reading the post-it prayers that I wrote myself during second sem last year...

Tonight I'm feeling sentimental and hopeful. I'm praying for my mission partner, for his heart, and for our service. I'm praying for HSB, for the plans God has in all our lives, and especially... but our ability to trust in Him and notice the "Godwinks" that remind us that He's thinking of us, and wanting us to be happy.

So when Roanne sliced open the Papaya and found this:

 Posted by Hello


I couldn't help but laugh. Why not? Hahaha... it might look simple to YOU. But things like that make me laugh and giddy inside. Hahaha...

Even the mug of Milo looked somewhat starry... ;o) Sad, I know... but my version of "answered prayers" and coincidental inspiration.


 Posted by Hello



I found a letter that I wrote to one of my friends in July 04 on the final night of our road trip to Melbourne. I laughed when I found it because I gave a detailed description of how I'd made the Milo that I was drinking as I wrote the letter... Here's an excerpt -

"God really disturbed me at this year's OLC. So now there's a big keruffle of thoughts in my jumbled little brain - I'll try to list them and get some order.
- How in love I am with God
- How hard it is to truly surrender EVERYTHING - especially when letting go hurts
- Needing to heal
- Farts
- Dirty clothes in the laundry
- Terra and what we're gonna do for these kids
- St Pat's Youth
- I hate it when people are distant
- People are snoring and you are one of them
- How tired my legs are
- GK777 and how I need to simplify my life
- What to do and where to go with uni
- "Gawad pa ibig, gawad kalinda..." (cue the woodwind instruments, drumroll and auto-inspiration! (*tear!)
- Seeing you cry
- Mocktails
- Courage and trying to do what God is whispering...
"

**So... you tell me. Has anything changed much?

No comments: