Monday, May 23, 2005

blood, sweat & tears

Sunday night... wow. It feels like an entire lifetime as flown by since Friday morning. I actually can't even remember what I did on Friday morning... was I conscious? On the other hand... I distinctly remember Friday night, the unforgettable phone call conversation that lightened up the heart and dried up the pillow - both of which were drowning in emotional leakage.
But right now... it's Sunday. And the entire weekend - all 72 hours of it - has passed by and I feel like tomorrow will launch me back into the real world... even though I feel so uncoordinated, unprepared, and unstable.
But the beauty of it all is that I have a God - both unfathomable and unbreakable... so despite the abundance of flaws, mistakes, bad choices, angry venting, emotional breakdowns, tears of disappointment and hurt, and lovesick mumbo jumbo that is racing through my mind... I know that all is good and glorious when given by His grace.

One of the most fulfilling things about knowing Him is being able to grasp a thread of peace, when everything else is falling to shreds. Not that everything else is falling to shreds. Actually... there is so much to be thankful for.

1. He listens. He is such a good listener. Knows how to calmly put things into perspective withough making me feel like I'm being lectured. He sits quietly and knows not to force.
2. He provides insight. Not just into his own thoughts, but the positions of others... and (mysteriously) into my own frazzled brain.
3. He knows how to harness my passions without making me let go of my dreams. Without trampling my ambitions, he carefully warns me and allows me to make my own decisions about what to take on board.
4. He gives me fuzzy feelings. I am warm inside when I know he's smiling, when I know he's happy, or proud, or ... anything positive really. His happiness makes me happy.
5. He is resourceful. He reminds me that nothing is impossible because God can provide.
6. He keeps me grounded. While I float around in my strangeness or feel suffocated from stress, he reminds me to K.I.S.S. - keep it simple, silly!
7. He reminds me to be selfless - that it isn't about me.
8. He draws me closer to him without even having to try. I want to be in his presence, in his arms, in his sight... because all this closeness makes my heart, my soul and all my dreams feel so alive.
9. He let's me learn him at my own pace. Without even knowing it, he keeps his pages open, ready for my eyes to scan, my thoughts to ponder, my heart to reach and my actions to reflect all the faith, hope and joy that I yearn for by sharing in his story...
10. He's the sweetest love that I've experienced. He is unconditional in his generosity, his acceptance and his love to me. And I feel like a princess when he chooses me...

1 comment:

anca. said...

i remember i did a sharing for talk 2 about jesus. & i was up to the bit where i was describing him. & i say.

"isn't he so husband material? i mean, he provides shelter for us, food & clothing, he's our best friend, our comfort & our peace. but most importantly of all, he died for us. now how many of ur boyfriends or girlfriends would do that for you!"

loovve you joy. & ur linked to me :)