Tuesday, May 03, 2005

wrap your head around...

The Question:
Jen asked, "How do you stay so active and so calm at the same time...?"

The Anwer(s??):
In my head, "Since when was I calm? I'm not calm. I'm stressed. I'm stressed and my head hurts, and I wish it would find a pillow or a shoulder - anything warm really - and just cuddle into it instead feeling like it's been slammed into a brick wall."
In my heart,"Ask Jesus. He was a pro... [pause] I think they it's something to do with faith? Wish I knew what that really was... well - I do, I'm just finding it hard to stick by it."
In my dreams... "Oh for sure - I've got everything under control!" ;)

Herein are my responses to the current challenges that I'm trying so desperately to keep from bringing me down:

- Health: Eat a big breakfast. Or a healthy one at the very least. McDonald's or DCM coffee, or a packet of Burger Rings does NOT suffice. I'm talking fruit, cereal and juice or a glass of milk.

- Low Morale: Can only be combated with a strong, centred positive attitude. Easy to say, but difficult to find, I know - and the only place to discover it is in Christ, who lovingly reminds us today: "I am the way, the truth and the life." *sigh* I have such a loving brother. Isn't He sweet? He knows all the answers.

- People who let me down: Stay positive and remember that Christ's image is in them too, no matter what they do/say [or in this particular case - fail to do or say] It sucks to feel like the only doing anything or working hard, but realistically... it is God who is at work in us doing the good, not us. And we should never underestimate what others have done. My heart is hurting, and I feel like hurricanes are blowing me from place to place... but again - stay centred. "The Lord is my stronghold..."

- Feeling unprepared: Only God's time is the right time. [Nereus explain that one to me again?? Kyros. *cough*] No matter what we've done, only HE knows when to do things. So again - the final word is this: SURRENDER. Not out of defeat, but out of faith. Faith that he will provide, if you simply allow him. Remember: Faith isn't about witnessing miracles; it's about not needing to.

- Feeling out of place: Look for His face in the face of others. Don't be afraid to ask for help, and especially, don't be afraid to PRAY.

- Not knowing how to love: Replace the word "love" in 1 Cor 13:4-8 with "Jesus," and finally, with your own name. *sigh* And then you'll know what you have to do to fix your life and your relationships. And then what? And then you take a good, long hard look in the mirror and remind yourself that to love others, you must love yourself first.

Things to do:
- ICOM Business Briefing
- PR Presentation
- MAS Sound & Video Mix
- Terra Retreat & plan Term 2 mtngs
- Chase up stage design for concert.. and everthing else
- PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY... and then when you think you've done enough... PRAY SOME MORE.. ;o)

4 comments:

gerry said...

Your guy thinks: maybe its *Joycelyn*

Your guy sayin: coz ur worth it! and in his hands is sum orange chocolate! hahaha...

WHEN?
Gods special time =)
------------------------
gerry says: U have encouraging blogs!

Neza said...

Gerri! again...out of all things to comment on?! haha

Neza said...

Two words to the "Time" in the Greek Language

1. Chronos - normal 24hr time.
2. Kairos - God's time / the right time.

Read my Blog for more...

j(",)Y said...

You're just jealous Nez! =P

Don't worry Gerry - I love your comments. That one was the best one... *butterflies* and *drooling* I could serzly go for some orange chocolate... hehehe...

*wink* Hey Gerry - a beach, a sunset and a husband. Hahaha...