Friday, May 27, 2005

midnight snacking

'The only thing greater than the power of the mind is the courage of the heart.'

I'm lying in bed trying to satisfy my hunger with a mug full of mushroom & chicken soup and "Fantastic" crackers dipped in Philadelphia cheese. Not the healthiest of snacks to have in the middle of the night, and definitely not the most hygenic... but I'm sure the bugs that (almost definitely) live in colonies under the carpet are having a field day with these crumbs.

It's late and I'm sick - losing my voice and getting incredibly nasal. And Roanne just warned me (in a muffled, sleepy voice from under her three doonas) that I'm gonna get my rags soon (we have this mad system happening, it's great). Also, my nail just broke.

But the good news is I had a chance to rest today. Sleeping is good fun. Now I know why Eddoes loves it so much. Hahaha... But now I need some more... but this weekend won't bring much of that.

It's all good though. Why? Because God provides. It's awesome. He just... seems to know how to all the time.

The last 3 days at Terra retreat were amazing. I get warm fuzzies thinking about the "cool" group and the fun we had, the games we played, the stuff we shared, scissors-paper rock, our skit... Toilet paper, learning beats, laughing at inside jokes... opening up.. and learning simplicity and faith and contributing to the laughter makes everything worthwhile - even if you end up losing sleep in the process.

Sunrise is beautiful at Collaroy. I think I mentioned that in a January blog after the SPY camp. I learnt sunrise is even better during a worship.

Then of course there was the sms I got, the boys in my group and the way they made me laugh, team bonding, feeding the ducks and the pelican on Wednesday afternoon at the lake, life's small but lovely surprises... and the person in the room who, regardless of the tension, can make me laugh, or can affirm me by saying, "It's alright. God will make it good."

I'm excited about REVELATION because I reckon God's touch the lives of a lot of people through it. I'm excited for the performers - all 58 of 'em. The REV band sounds awesome... praise God man - serzly.

So even though it's been one ridiculous struggle with plenty of long days... I have been affirmed already - 'The only thing greater than the power of the mind is the courage of the heart.'

The body is weak but the spirit is willing...

No comments: