Monday, May 16, 2005

mental congestion

I don't know - maybe it's because I'm listening to "The Taste of Ink"... but but right now, I have a severe form of writers block. People who incorporate singing and swearing can't possibly be good for anyone.
The symptoms of this mental congestion are horrendous. Every time I have to get started writing, it never works out for me. It's really quite frustrating.
I've been sitting at this computer for two hours already, and I need to get to uni to get this thing in.
And all I keep telling myself is, "Joy - just write!" But I can't seem to do it.

I mean, I perfectly capable of venting frustrations out on a public space that won't get graded... but mate - once I know that a critical eye is going to be picking apart the vocab on my piece of work... yeeshk ... the 'confident' Joy falls to pieces.

Sounds ridiculous, I know. It's one of the complexes that left-hemisphere brainiacs must suffer. Hahahaha... NOT!

Far from intelligence, this incredibly exhausted brain of mine is really just missing the pillow its carrier left at 8:30am this morning. Since prying my eyes open to an overcast day... I've managed to down a bowl of Frosties, a cup of coffee and a strawberry filled marshmallow. Not good.

Perhaps that tempting apple on the kitchen bench will provide some sustenance and inspiration.

****

I'm feeling kinda tired
I'm feeling kinda drained
Feeling scared and unprepared
To brave this tough terrain

I'm feeling really lousy
And feeling kinda stuck
I've lost the cue and have no clue,
And I'm running out of luck

I'm feeling really stupid
And feeling kinda phased
My rut is deep from lack of sleep
And my brain is feeling crazed

I'm feeling claustrophobic
My nerves have been strung tight
Can someone please pray for my pleas
And make me start to WRITE?!

1 comment:

Luke Marc said...

Please let Joy clear her mind and focus on the task she has at hand, so that she can write lots and be really impressive to the markers (or at least get a credit haha).

Amen.