Friday, May 27, 2005

if I ain't got you...

It's Friday night, and outside it's freezing.
I'm in a warm bedroom, with clothes scattered all over a bed that has purple sheets with pink love hearts. There are two shopping bags on the floor. The heater is on, and the stereo is playing lounge music and ballads.

Right now it's Usher & Alicia Keys ... but everything means nothing if I ain't got you...! ... if I ain't got you baby... some just want everything, but everything means nothing if I ain't got you...

I like listening to this song because it calms me down, gives me fuzzies and reminds me of the God who made music to reflect His beauty.

When you press a key on a piano, it makes music. When you click your fingers together, it makes music. When you strum the right strings, it makes music. When the wind travels through the leaves, it makes music. When the birds whistle to each other, it makes music.

What a beautiful and creative God we have... to give us the gift of music, the miracles of rhythm, timbre, sound and soul to create something that can move people, inspire people and bring them together...

Everything means nothing if I ain't got You...

No comments: