Tuesday, September 06, 2005

good morning sunshine!!!

I've been awake for two hours. =) Praise God for putting a smile on my face the moment I picked up the phone and heard a whispered, "Good morning Joy." That was pretty cool... a gentle start to what looks to be a glorious Spring day!

A peep into early morning discussion:
Me: It's dark.
Caller: Well that's what happens at night when the sun is on the other side of the world.
Me: But it's already morning. Where's the sun?
Caller: Don't worry, it's coming. Just think of what time it is in Europe.
Me: What time is it in Europe?
Caller: It's Monday night.
Me: Ah... Monday night. (pause) Monday night was Paris...
...
Caller: Out and about in the streets of Paris.
Me: I dreamt we were in Europe again.
Caller: Really? Where?
Me: In Rome somewhere...

....

It's weird because everyone who I've talked to about WYD is suffering from major withdrawal symptoms. It's almost as if we found a bit of ourselves in Europe and suddenly don't feel complete until we're all back there together.

I was enlightened today, though, as I sat on my bed to read In His Steps and the white leather Bible that I found in Rome. It's almost as if St Paul was writing to me directly:

So then, as you received Jesus as Lord and Christ, now live your lives in him, be rooted in him and built up on him, held firm by the faith you have been taught, and overflowing with thanksgiving...


A few nights ago i was reading over the first few entries. I forgot to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my blog because it's been over a year since it began. WOW... how did it go so quickly? It's been a year since the boys came and cooked corned-beef in my kitchen and we watched "Whatever It Takes" on my laptop because my TV was broken - which means it's been a year since my TV broke... It's been a year since I conversed with a sweet old man who thought it was my birthday... It's been a year since Edz finished his last assignment, since I attempted to get hooked on Ginko... and it's been a year since I wrote "Flavour of the Week..."

Wow... how time flies.

Speakin of - it's already 7:49am on my laptop clock. Which means I need to finish my mug of Milo, take the final bites of my pandesal... and kick start today with some dedicated uni work. *wink*

Smile, smile, smile!! =) I'm so elated right now... the sun is streaming light through the dining room blinds, there is the familiar sound of cars sweeping across the bitumen on their way to work or school or even home... and I take comfort in the words of this morning's caller:

"Don't worry, it's coming."

What's coming? Answered prayers... that's what. *screams and jumps around the room!*

Btw... did you guys know that me and Ryan have the gift of premonitions. Hahahahaha... =|

"Today's gospel taught me dependence on God through prayer. We need to talk to God fervently, speaking to him about the things that happen in our lives, praying consistently for people - for the wounded, "wound-makers", oppressed and their oppressors, for the saved and lost.... when I pray it tames me, making me capable to accept more and give much..." [From In His Steps - ENJ/Metro Manila]

1 comment:

anca. said...

heres a real comment for you.

you spam comments are mean!

anyway..hey joy..you seem very very happy..AND..you look very happy too. i was looking through gerry's photos and you're glowing..no joke. something must've happened in Europe..

i wonder what it is..hehehe

but keep smiling!! cause you have every right to smile!

god bless you joy =)